FS tests HDR+AA, with several cards

I've bookmarked that site.

I often hear as a counter argument when recommending an x1K over a 7900 series card that although the x1K can use HDR+AA it cannot do so with playable framerates.

This disproves what x1K users already knew. Now imagine using Crossfire in Oblivion with HDR+AA. ;)

Yes, those of us with the cards, have known for some time that you can get playable frames with HDR+AA. [H] is the only site I know, that will report that, in a "review" (evauluation) if they get playable frames.

I too like FS a lot. They normally do a whole benchmark article, just for one game. Most any new/big game that comes out, gets an article, with lots of cards benched. They also show the minimum frames, which is good. I just with they used 1920x1200. :/

And yes, Oblivion with all settings cranked up and CF looks mighty good. :)

One of the reasons why i mainly choose to go with the X1k's on the PCIe systems i have is due to the HDR + AA capabilities, main reason being the HQ AF (because i love textures ...), only reason i have a 7900 right now is because the GS BLISS+ is the best agp card i could get and just wanted to do one last upgrade on my main gaming rig

I played through FarCry one last time just to see the HDR + AA capabilities with the 1.4

Too bad FS didn't test the rest of the HDR+AA ATI exclusive games. There's not that many. SS2 and SC:CT also support FP16 HDR + AA. Are there any others?

The 1600x1200 HDR + AA Oblivion scores aren't very good. Overclocking and/or XF would help.

pxc said:
Too bad FS didn't test the rest of the HDR+AA ATI exclusive games. There's not that many. SS2 and SC:CT also support FP16 HDR + AA. Are there any others?

The 1600x1200 HDR + AA Oblivion scores aren't very good. Overclocking and/or XF would help.
And FarCry

ElMoIsEviL said:
And FarCry
They did test FarCry (and Oblivion) in the link. I meant any others besides those and the two I listed. :p

Are there that many more?

Serious Sam 2 is the only other one i can think of, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory doesn't allow AA when HDR is enabled period.

Back