FS/T: Casascius Physical Bitcoin (with error!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

prtzlboy

[H]ard|Gawd
Time to sell my Series 1 Physical Casascius Bitcoin (still fully funded with 1 BTC). https://www.casascius.com/

You can verify the value by typing the public coin address here: http://casascius.uberbills.com/

This is part of the first series (this one minted in Oct. 2011) that has the error on the hologram that reads "casacius" where it should read "casascius". These are quite rare and are already becoming quite the collector's item.

Don't confuse this with series 2 or later Casascius Bitcoins. If that's what I had, I would not be asking so much. I have seen what similar coins sell for and priced mine accordingly.

Here are the pics:
20130505142315.jpg

20130505142305.jpg

Price: $885 OBO via Amazon (NO PAYPAL!)

Heatware: prtzlboy

Don't be afraid to make offers--just don't lowball me. I'm selling here because I like this forum and I loathe ebay.

Trades? Why, yes! Trade your hardware that will inevitably depreciate for my bitcoin that will most likely appreciate!

Things I'm looking for:

i5 2500k or 3570k
good HSF or self-contained liquid cooling for socket 1155 processor
z77 motherboard
ddr3
SSD (prefer unused here)
Radeon 7870, 7950, 7970
Full 1155 system

Last edited:
Is there a reason why your coin is worth ten times the going rate of 1BTC?

Good question.

search ebay for "casascius error"

Bitcoin (BTC) is a digital currency.

For comparison, imagine that the first ever US 100 Dollar bill had a short run of a couple thousand that said "One Hundred Dolars" instead of "One Hundred Dollars". Now imagine that even getting ONE of the bills (normal or with error) was somewhat difficult because there aren't many made. It would be rare and collectable--with a minimum value of $100.

Last edited:
so this is like a weird dollar bill or something so its worth more than a standard one....i've never heard of a phsyical bitcoin before!

at least you're not asking for 12k *eek* like this one listing at ebay...good luck selling it :)

I would own a physical btc just because I'm a geek.

so this is like a weird dollar bill or something so its worth more than a standard one....i've never heard of a phsyical bitcoin before!

at least you're not asking for 12k *eek* like this one listing at ebay...good luck selling it :)

that coin is a 25 BTC value, so it's a little different.

price seems to be on par with completed listings on ebay, good luck

Thanks for the looks. Tell your friends! If I don't get any interest in a week or so I'm going to put this up on lame-bay.

If you don't find value in the item then simply move along. :)

Bump for OP.

Thats actually pretty neat in nerd value. I had no idea there was actually such thing as a physical bit coin.

GLWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back