FS: Synology DS1812+, WD Red Pro 6 TB Drives, Acer X38 38" Curved Ultra Widescreen Monitor

truffle00

2[H]4U
First up is the Synology DS1812+ with 6x WD Red Pro 6 TB drives. I am thinking $350 OBO for the NAS and then $90 OBO per drive. None of these showed bad sectors and full SMART results are available upon request. I'll sell the full unit for $950 plus shipping.

The last item for sale I have is an Acer 38" XR382CQK bmijqphuzx monitor. Manufacturers link is here. I purchased this back in January of 2018 and used it until January of this year. As far as I can tell, there are no dead pixels on it - see pictures below for full screen images. I also took closer pictures of each half of the screen, and can send those upon request. I would much prefer to do a local sale if possible, but would consider shipping this as well - I do have the original packaging, but maybe not some of the accessories (HDMI or DP cables, etc.)

Unfortunately, I had to take pictures during the day, and the black levels are off in the picture relative to what you see in person. However it does give a reasonable look at backlight bleed. $550 OBO PLUS SHIPPING.

20220108_123933.jpg
20220108_124348.jpg
20220108_123442.jpg
20220108_123734.jpg
20220108_123826.jpg

I have heatware under truffle001. Unfortunately, I have not been very active in buying or selling recently, but did buy a 3090 from a forum member here which was a high dollar transaction.

SOLD:

The first item I have for sale is a Synology DS1817+ with 8x Seagate Exos ST10000NM0016 drives. The DS1817+ is upgraded to 16 GB RAM and has a 2x 10 GbE LAN card installed. I am thinking $650 OBO for the NAS and then $130 OBO per drive. I ran extended SMART tests and the results showed two drives with bad sectors at 8 and 32, respectively, but these have not grown over time. Full SMART results are available upon request. Based on the bad sectors, I'll sell the unit for the price of six drives and the NAS for $1400 plus shipping.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Will you be warranting and then re-listing any 10TB drives that fail a smart long test?

Also, a tip on doing those smart long tests--if you boot up a parted magic live cd you can run them in parallel if you have a system that has enough sata ports. (y)

EDIT: Removed since the info here has been replaced by new info in the first post.

Last edited:
I was on the fence about what exactly I was going to do with the drives in general. I thought about it, and given that I received 8x 16 TB drives, I said "hell with it!" and also bought a new Synology DS1821+ to go along with them. That system is getting set up today.

I am running the extended SMART tests through my existing Synology DS1817+ for the 10 TB drives. That should also be done today. After transferring all of my data to the new Synology, I'll begin the process of trying to get any of the 10 TBs replaced through the warranty process and then come back to this thread. I'll also the 1817+ for sale, and then if someone wants the whole package, that would receive some discount. I upgraded that to 16 GB RAM and have a two port 10 GbE card in there.

Additionally, I am getting packed up for a move and remembered that I have a Synology DS1812+ with 8x 6 TB WD Red Pro HDs (I think). I haven't turned that on in years, but I might as well power it up and check on the SMART status there. The Synology unit is slow by today's standards, but maybe there will be some interest in that.

This thread will get updated when these processes are a little farther along.
Is it 8x 10tb drives or 6x drives with the 1817 for $1400?

For $1400, I am selling all 8 drives plus the 1817+, just for the price of 6 drives( $650 + (6 x $130) ) = $1430). It's a bundle that gets more of my stuff sold and compensates for the bad sectors IMO.

Back