FS: Samsung R580 laptop EMERGENCY need to sell! plz read

hello my old friend [h]... i am kind of in a predicament and I need your help. I am stranded on a trip my car has broken down and my debit card has been the victim of a rolling overdraft and i am essentially screwed. I have this laptop for sale, and I am offering at a great deal, but I would need someone to western union me the money to memphis ASAP today, so I can get my car fixed. I am at the library right now typing this, but I will be checking my email often hoping someone is interested.

specs:
Intel i5 430m processor
4gb ram
15.6" screen
blu ray player
nvidia geforce 310m 512mb
500 GB hdd
also has some sexy candy apple red paint
http://www.notebookcheck.net/uploads/tx_nbc2/sc001_01.jpg
images dont really do it justice.

http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/samsung-np-r580-jsb1us/4505-3121_7-33974719.html

this is $750 new at best buy and i just bought this thing like 2 months ago. I am looking for $300 or best offer. I am very flexible, being that this is an emergency and all and I am stuck here with no money, food, or a way to get back home. The laptop will be mailed as soon as I make it back tomorrow. if interested, please email me at [email protected] . I haven't used hardforum in years, but I really need some help right now and didnt know where else to turn. my heat is under freeofparanoia , but again they are dated. If anyone knows where else I can post this to reach more people i'd be very grateful.

EMAIL ME, DO NOT PM ME.. [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
i just got an email from someone but a problem arose so i figured i should clarify. i do not have the laptop on me. it is at home about 7 hours away. i found a picture that has the laptop barely visible in it but it isnt clear. I can take a picture of the reciept or my best buy bill and write my username on it if someone needs me to clarify or something. but as you can clearly see, i have 13 positive heat with no negative, and ive been on [h] quite a while... i was a moderator at xtremesystems.org for a bit too

damn, wish I could help but I don't have pay day until Friday. Good luck though.

Man, if you took paypal this would be gone before you hit "submit" for a new thread, lol. Sorry to hear you're in this situation and I hope everything works out for you in the best of ways.

we still exchanging emails. Just that I wont get the laptop, but a refund from him instead. I'll let him tell the story what happened to the laptop. No harm done, but just disappointed and feel a little used lol... Anyhow. Long as I get my money back.

Last edited:
we still exchanging emails. Just that I wont get the laptop, but a refund from him instead. I'll let him tell the story what happened to the laptop. No harm done, but just disappointed and feel a little used lol... Anyhow. Long as I get my money back.

Bump for Betauser.........please post proper feedback on what you can tell us.
Honest misunderstandings or accidents are one thing, but feeling "used" is something I would not want experience.

Bump for Betauser.........please post proper feedback on what you can tell us.
Honest misunderstandings or accidents are one thing, but feeling "used" is something I would not want experience.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and let him tell the whole story. Not sure how to approach the situation yet as we still keep in touch through email and he said he will refund the cash tomorrow. I'll keep you guys updated.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and let him tell the whole story. Not sure how to approach the situation yet as we still keep in touch through email and he said he will refund the cash tomorrow. I'll keep you guys updated.

Hope you really get your money back. I only clicked the title cause it sounded "off", hope I'm not right. :(

I'm going to close this for now to stop it from getting bumped all day. If/when either the OP or the buyer want to post any kind of update, PM me or another mod and we'll move this over to TTT.

This is being reopened for some updates. If you were not involved please restrict your comments to things that could actually be helpful any of the involved parties. Non-helpful posts will be removed.

I also "bought" this laptop from freeofparanoia and got told the same story. I contacted him via emails and texting through the phone. The other person has been refunded their money but I'm still waiting on mine. He told me he would get it settled today so I'm hoping it will get resolved.

He sent the money back to the other buy so I assume hes just in a bad situation with money currently.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt..

Got my money back on saturday thru western union. I dont know what's going on with this guy, but my intention was to help him get back to his hometown and at the same time get the laptop for my son. I didnt know viets7ylez also sent the OP money as well on the same day.

The deal was too good to be true and I took the risk. I'll be more aware next time and lesson learned. Good luck Viets7ylez and hope you get your money back.

be careful fellas, especially be wary of someone who admits they haven't used [H] in years and their heat is outdated, guess what...? they may need/want some money and taking a forum and heat hit probably doesn't matter at this point in time because they don't post/trade anymore, especially if they want the money through some form of payment that has no protection...

best case scenario is that people gave this guy a no interest loan if he pays them back, and I think we all know what the worst case scenario is, stuff like this should get people banned from here imo...

I spoke to this guy and he said the price was for his netbook, not laptop. He said he "accidentally" listed the laptop. Go figure.

I'm starting to believe that there was no laptop or netbook in the first place. His story was, when he was out of town, his roommates had a party and his laptop was gone after and that he might have an idea who took it, so he would rather just refund my money back.

Have any of you guys contacted Western Union, either at the place you did the transfer, or from their website?

I found this in their FAQs http://www.westernunion.com/WUCOMWEB/staticMid.do?method=load&pagename=faqMTLocation
11. Does Western Union offer an escrow service or any kind of buyer protection for online auctions or other transactions?

No. Western Union does not offer escrow or buyer protection. To help protect yourself from fraud, never send money to someone you don’t know. If you suspect you may have been the victim of fraud using Western Union, contact us immediately.
(There is a link there where it says "contact us" but it pulls up HTTPS so I can't direct link to it)

There's also this at the bottom of that page:
Fraud Contact

If you think you've been a victim of fraud, contact us at 1-800-448-1492.

GL guys

Hes "trying" to get me the money back.. but its been delay after delay.. excuse after excuse..

Last night he told me he would send a portion of it and send the rest today but that creates double fees.. so I told him to just send it today.. then today.. I talk to him and text him and he hasn't had a chance to do it..

So he says he'll try to get it done tonight or tomorrow morning but I'll be able to "get it for sure" tomorrow.

Lets see what I post here tomorrow.

Tired of the excuses.

I work a job downtown everyday for half of the day, take 16 credits of classes, and have a research job on campus that I clock in 20 hours worth a day + a girlfriend and I can find time to go to western union or get to a computer to send money so I don't see what the big deal is.

Didn't the op say the guy is in Memphis? I live in Memphis...maybe I could help look into things?

Didn't the op say the guy is in Memphis? I live in Memphis...maybe I could help look into things?

apparently he doesn't live there, he was stuck there and needed the money so he could fix his car and drive home...

this isn't looking good...

He sent me 200.. I sent him 200 but it was 222 with the western union fee.. ugh... this guy is so much trouble.

I still expect my 22 but his phone is off or dead right now..

Back