FS Opteron 170

junebug

Weaksauce
Opteron 170
Stepping CCBWE 0551UPMW
1 Month OLD, slightly used.
OC'ed to 2.6 didnt go any higher.
Price: $340 Shipped OBO.

do opterons preform as good as say x2's? just curious b/c i though they were server processors

The Correct question is, "Do the X2's perform as good as the Opterons?"
IMO, Opterons outperform X2's anyday. Pair this, Baby with a DFI board and Good Ram, and you can achieve OC's as good as anyone...refer to the OC base here, or Google...Opterons IMO are better chips...But thats just me...

junebug said:
The Correct question is, "Do the X2's perform as good as the Opterons?"
IMO, Opterons outperform X2's anyday. Pair this, Baby with a DFI board and Good Ram, and you can achieve OC's as good as anyone...refer to the OC base here, or Google...Opterons IMO are better chips...But thats just me...

I agree, much easier to get stable and overall higher stable speeds. Opteron FTW. :D

Just remember that some will not overclock as others. optys 170 normally will give you around 2.6-2.8Ghz, with people being disappointed at 2.6, ok at 2.7, content at 2.8ghz, happy at 2.9Ghz, and ecstatic at 3.0Ghz. I am happy with mine. There are lemmons out there though that will only go so far in overclocking. Good cores are those that can go pass 2.75Ghz at default vcore and low temp. Mine went to 2.8Ghz at default, so did others outhere.
Oh yeah, bump for an opty dual core...

You might want to add in your heatware.

I'm curious about ocing details like voltage and stability. I may be able to sell my spare and get the money to do a trade. Do you have any heat?

nah, its my first time selling anything on the net...usually do it at a garage sale...but, with pc components, its better to sell to ppl that are actually interested in pc components...

OK, well I guess, I'll just keep it...Guess no one is on the market for an OPTY 170. Thanks for looking fellas!

Back