FS: Lenovo Thinkpad T400 with dock, power adapters - SD Pickup Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpeg4v3

Gawd
This is for local pickup in the greater San Diego area only. I really don't want to deal with having to ship this. Sorry.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4ghz
RAM: 4GB DDR3 PC-8500 1066mhz
Graphics: Switchable between Intel GMA 4500MHD and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 (256MB)
Hard Drive: Hitachi 500GB 7200rpm HTS725050A9A364 - Warranty through August 10th, 2013
DVD Drive: Removable HL-DT-SA GSAU20N 8x DVD+/-R burn, 24x CD burn
Monitor: 14.1" 1440x900 LED Backlit LCD Display
Wired Networking: Intel Gigabit Networking
Wireless Networking: Intel WiFi Link 5300 450mbit 802.11n
Audio: Intel HD Audio (CX20561 codec)
Fingerprint Reader: Authentec 2810
TPM Module: 1.2 compliant
Bluetooth: Yes
Webcam: 1.3MP VGA
Ports: 3 USB 2.0, 1 mini-Firewire, 1 VGA, 1 10/100/1000 LAN, 1 modem, 1 Headphone, 1 Line-In, 1 power
Warranty: Still valid through September 5th, 2011!

Accessories:
I originally bought this thing to be a full desktop replacement. Thus, it comes with the Lenovo Advanced Mini Dock. This dock is extremely easy and convenient to use, and when the laptop is docked on it, it expands the computer to have 4 USB 2.0, 1 mouse/keyboard PS2, 1 modem, 1 10/100/1000 LAN, 1 VGA, 1 DVI, 1 line-in, 1 headphone, 1 serial, 1 parallel, 1 power, and 1 SPDIF optical audio out. All ports are working without issue. You can also plug a mouse, keyboard, and monitor into the dock, dock the laptop on it with the lid closed, and it'll transfer the display and control of the laptop over to that keyboard, mouse, and monitor, to use at home just like a desktop.
Furthermore, it also comes with three power/AC adapters. I originally purchased it with two, and the mini dock came with one. All three work fine. I would frequently leave one hooked up to the mini dock, carry one around with me in my backpack, and leave one at work, all to make it easy to be on the go.

Battery:
The battery is the only thing with any issues. It's the original 9 cell battery that came with the laptop. Now-a-days, instead of ~8 hours of battery life, it gets closer to 3 or 4. Plus, one of my friends managed to drop it (the battery, not the laptop) and break one of the tabs off that hooked into the laptop, and also undertook a failed campaign to glue that tab back on. Due to this damage, the battery does not stay in all the way, and is slightly complicated to get out. It still works, so I haven't replaced it.

Laptop Condition:
Now, I did own this thing for two and a half years, and it was constantly being thrown in and out of my backpack. However, all issues with it are purely cosmetic- a few scratches here and there, wore edges on the lid, etc. No major structural damage has occurred. The LCD still looks amazing, the keyboard is in great condition with no missing keys, the trackpad and tracknipple work, and it still docks correctly.

Software:
As of right now, the hard drive is empty and contains no OS. However, if requested, I'll either restore the original install of Windows Vista onto the drive (along with fully updating it, of course), or install a copy of Ubuntu 64-bit and try my best to get everything working.

Payment and Contact:
$500, cash only. No PayPal, checks, money orders, western union transfers, or first born children. The transaction will take place in person, somewhere public in San Diego.

Pics:
1 2 3 4

Last edited:
will you trade for second born (sorry only one second born so can only afford one :D), if not how about someone else's child/ren????

bump for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back