FS: Kawasaki ZX6R motorcycle (Roanoke, VA)

Eulogy said:
You didn't leave a negative feedback for this? I certainly would have!

It wouldn't have mattered. He had zero feedback anyway.. He might be one of those people who re-registers with a new username and repeat this process over and over.... I don't know.

Been following this thread for a while. Feel bad for you bro... I personally prefer the "other" kind of bikes, but I know that a lot of people really love sportbikes. I'm really shocked you've had this much trouble selling it. :eek:

File a deadbeat bidder claim with flEbay, they sometimes let you relist the same item for free.

did you post it in you local newspaper? i thought 4k was a good all around price, but who knows. 2001 and 4k would had sold in houston i think, resale is usually high here.

what about kawiforums.com , i think thats the one my buddy runs.

ZeRo_C0oL said:
It wouldn't have mattered. He had zero feedback anyway.. He might be one of those people who re-registers with a new username and repeat this process over and over.... I don't know.

Hold it til the summer and I'll buy it from ya! I read this thread a long time ago and don't remember if you said you were in dire need of the money.. but it's gonna be a hard sell around christmas. If you would consider my first sentence, I am very serious about it, and shoot me a pm if you have any interest. If not, that's fine, and good luck to you. :)

linjy2 said:
did you post it in you local newspaper? i thought 4k was a good all around price, but who knows. 2001 and 4k would had sold in houston i think, resale is usually high here.

what about kawiforums.com , i think thats the one my buddy runs.

Never put it in the paper.. I was kind of trying to advertise it and sell it as cheap, or as free, as possible. :p

I think $4k was cheap too. It's a clean bike that I can guarantee has been well maintained since I've owned it.. In fact, it's been over maintained. I've changed the oil quite possibly too much and too often.

It's been on Kawiforums and those guys are all mostly looking for something for nothing. Everyone always uses the excuse "oh yeah.. you'll never sell it for $4k because I bought one last year with 10,000 miles for $1500" - - GREAT! Fantastic. Thanks for your input... you know? You found one for next to nothing; That doesn't mean all ZX6R's will go for that much, or that they're worth that much. A bank would almost definitely finance closer to $5k for a 2001 zx6r with 8400 miles on it.... I'd say the book value is probably between the two, but you get what you pay for, and I'm not asking a rip off price for the bike. It's clean. It's nice. It's comfortable.. and it's affordable.. but everyone seems to want everything for nothing. I didn't try to bs or negotiate when I bought it and I paid more than I probably should have, but I knew it was well maintained and it was ridiculously clean.. It just draws you in when you see it in person.

Anyway, thanks for the input guys.. I'm trying my best to get liberated on ebay.

Oh4Sh0 said:
Hold it til the summer and I'll buy it from ya! I read this thread a long time ago and don't remember if you said you were in dire need of the money.. but it's gonna be a hard sell around christmas. If you would consider my first sentence, I am very serious about it, and shoot me a pm if you have any interest. If not, that's fine, and good luck to you. :)

I don't want to come across snotty whatsoever, so please don't think any less of me for saying this.. but I've heard everything in the book from people who said they were interested. I've had at least 25 people flake out on me about the bike, and I do mean that literally. In fact, one guy was trying to get me to end the auction early and wanted to pay me a little more than my reserve price.. gave him my phone number, the address, etc.. he said he'd be in town before the auction ended with a deposit to hold it until Wednesday, when he could pick it up with the rest of the money. He was supposed to be here Sunday. Never called, never showed up. Got an email the next morning saying he would call me that day to set something up, and now I haven't heard from him at all since then. Pretty typical, unfortunately.

I may hang onto the bike until summertime since it's been such a hassle to sell. I don't want to discredit the fact that you may be very seriously interested and you may in fact be ready to buy it this summer.. if it's still here, and you have the money, and you can arrange to pick it up and complete the deal--that's awesome! I hope you do. All I'm saying is that I can't get my hopes up everytime someone says they're interested anymore the way I originally did.

Thanks for the interest! I think you'll like it if you end up buying it one day, whenever that is.

I understand where you're coming from, and obviously the number of pages in this thread merit that :) Hopefully you'll still have the bike in the summer then. Atleast for my sake :p

Since you did say you would take electronics in partial trade...
As right now, it being Christmas, the cash is coming in, but it's all going out. ;)
I would, however, be willing to put a computer "down" on the bike to reserve it til I have the cash in the summer and as partial payment, lmk if you have any interest in that.
[Granted, however that you have great feedback]

Oh4Sh0 said:
I understand where you're coming from, and obviously the number of pages in this thread merit that :) Hopefully you'll still have the bike in the summer then. Atleast for my sake :p

Since you did say you would take electronics in partial trade...
As right now, it being Christmas, the cash is coming in, but it's all going out. ;)
I would, however, be willing to put a computer "down" on the bike to reserve it til I have the cash in the summer and as partial payment, lmk if you have any interest in that.
[Granted, however that you have great feedback]

As great as that sounds, I don't think I would be comfortable doing that. There are a million scenarios that I can go through in my head that tell me not to take anything from ANYONE other than a relatively small non-refundable deposit, but I couldn't take a computer and then wait several months to hear back from you. What if something happens to the computer, and you decide you don't want the bike--but you want the computer back? lol.... Then I pay out of my pocket to replace it? ...or what if the bike is stolen? ...what if the weather is nice one day and I want to go out and ride it?

I do appreciate the offer though. That's, overall, more than anyone else has tried to do.

I did get a call last night from a guy in NC (I think I mentioned him in a previous post.. flaking out on me) but he says he wants to come down Thursday now with cash in hand. Guess we'll see. If I do still have it this summer, it's yours. ;)

Bump for a picture of the Kroger where I once bought mixers to get myself and a girl I had a huge crush on really drunk. True story!
Oh, and good luck selling the bike. :)

edit: Just saw that it was sold. Seeing the photos still made me smile.

toastyghost said:
Bump for a picture of the Kroger where I once bought mixers to get myself and a girl I had a huge crush on really drunk. True story!
Oh, and good luck selling the bike. :)

edit: Just saw that it was sold. Seeing the photos still made me smile.

Small world, isn't it? :)

Back