FS: i7-6700k, 2x1080s, waterblocks, ram, bricked mobo

robble

Supreme [H]ardness
Microsoft windows decided to *automatically* update the bios in my ROG Maximus VIII and bricked it. I was unable to get the recovery bios to load. It doesn’t even post. So i upgraded my whole system.

Prefer to sell as a set: $400/shipped lower 48.
2x1080 founders editions w/EK Waterbocks. Original hsf included. I had to use one for a short while in new rig until my 3080 came in so one has the hsf installed, the other still has the waterblock. The hsf are in like new condition as I immediately put the waterblocks on when I first got them. The waterblocks do have corrosion. I did not want to open them to clean and possibly create a leak. They still cooled and flowed well as they are. SLI bridge and waterblock bridge included. (Parts for running only a single watercooled 1080 not included)

I7-6700k always watercooled, ran stable at 4.4

2x8Gb Gskill memory.

Bricked Asus ROG Maximus VIII Formula - won’t post, couldn’t get bios recovered. Included if you want it. I do not at all promise you can fix it.

Attachments

• IMG_0758.jpeg
    IMG_0758.jpeg
    520.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0751.jpeg
    IMG_0751.jpeg
    441.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0752.jpeg
    IMG_0752.jpeg
    309.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0757.jpeg
    IMG_0757.jpeg
    454.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0756.jpeg
    IMG_0756.jpeg
    366.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0753.jpeg
    IMG_0753.jpeg
    458.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0755.jpeg
    IMG_0755.jpeg
    385.3 KB · Views: 0
I'd be interested in just the board to try to pull the bios chip and reflash or replace it. Not sure if you would consider that, but I am open to it if it's cheap enough.

I’ll keep you in mind of someone doesn’t want it with the rest of the stuff. If someone takes the whole thing and fixes the mobo they’ll have a decently strong sli system.

How much for a watercooled 1080? If you would be willing to part out.

Sli is dead :p

I don't think those BIOS chips are soldered on and the "armor" is held in with screws through the back. Replacement BIOS chips are typically $20 if not less. I am sure someone could fix it pretty easily as long as no soldering is required.

I don't need any of that stuff but if you part out, I could maybe find a home for the mobo/CPU/RAM assuming I can fix it.

You
How much for a watercooled 1080? If you would be willing to part out.

Sli is dead :p
I don't think those BIOS chips are soldered on and the "armor" is held in with screws through the back. Replacement BIOS chips are typically $20 if not less. I am sure someone could fix it pretty easily as long as no soldering is required.

I don't need any of that stuff but if you part out, I could maybe find a home for the mobo/CPU/RAM assuming I can fix it.
Cdabc - not quite ready to part out. Would need another piece to run a single watercooled too - blocks are set up for sli

Comp - I was thinking about contacting asus to find out if they sell replacement chips or how much a non warranty repair would be. It’s still a strong system even if a bit dated. Baldurs gate takes full advantage of sli. I imagine other newer games do too.

The bios chip is just a plug in chip usually. Just need to remove the back and front covers to get to it. There ae tons of reputable companies on the bay that sell bios chips with a pretty recent bios already installed.

Honestly, there's probably something else wrong with the board if the bios flashback isn't resolving the issue. The bios chip can be removed with needle nose pliers in about 5 seconds going slowly. You don't need to unscrew or remove anything on this specific motherboard to access it.

1703813324375.png

I’ll keep you in mind of someone doesn’t want it with the rest of the stuff. If someone takes the whole thing and fixes the mobo they’ll have a decently strong sli system.
How about the board/cpu/ram only? I have all of the equipment to read/write the bios chip and am really curious what is wrong with it lol.

Back