FS: Honest Starhawk's Quality Pre-Owned Surplus

Status
Not open for further replies.

starhawk

[H]F Junkie
NOTHING SOLD AT ALL.
My birthday did not go as well as I'd hoped -- thanks, in part, to everyone [H]ere who looked and didn't even make an offer. I had some good stuff here. One person asked about one thing, and that was it. Off it goes to the local thrift stores and eWaste bins. I'm sad now :( :( :(

OK folks, my birthday is the Friday the 20th. I want you to help me celebrate, in a really weird way. I don't want cards (although if you send me one I won't object :p ), and I *definitely* don't want new things. Not right now.

What *do* I want? I want you to take my stuff away. Nearly every time I walk into certain rooms in my house, I feel like this and I'm tired of it...
Szfomc5.jpg

So let's get that crap gone.

I take Paypal (and, grudgingly, USPS MO). I ship USPS (local pickup is the *only* other available option). I ship to the Continental United States, and (if I know you) Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada. Please don't ask about anywhere else... although if you're Mil-Spec and really desperate for my junk, we can talk.
My Heat is here (read the item under 'Discussion', please) --> http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=73072
Prices DO NOT include shipping.

One small request: when you PM me, please do not use that peculiar dialect of English that arises from Twitter and SMS messaging.
if ur msg luk liek dis i cant reed it sry
...and that means that either I'll ask you to retype with a real keyboard, or I'll tell you that I can't do business with you. I'm sorry, but that mess is *really* hard for me to read and understand -- which only causes increased complexities (not to mention the higher chance of a misunderstanding).

Now onto the stuff :D

[ITEM #1] My Trusty-And-Faithful-For-Far-Too-Long Camera $25 OBO
This is a Kodak EasyShare DX7630. It has a 6.1MP resolution but still manages to take photos larger than the Goodyear Blimp. They look pretty decent as well, as long as you have a tripod -- or, failing that, set it on 'Sport' mode. I don't have a tripod, so this hasn't seen much other than the 'Sport' mode. (A few other tips -- use the 'Flower' / 'Close-Up' mode *with flash on* for closeups, and the 'Document' mode *without flash* for capturing photos of a computer screen when just taking a screenshot isn't going to happen.) This camera takes SD cards. I've never tried it with SDHC/SDXC, and I can tell you that it doesn't know what PictBridge is. This camera has been replaced, so it's time to say goodbye.
Issues: the little orange clip that held in the battery is long gone. That task was taken up by the battery door, which has subsequently broken into three pieces, held together by electrical tape. This is entirely cosmetic and does not affect function -- I've used it for two or three years like this!
Comes with: camera (duh), original battery and charger, US plug for the charger, and USB cable. I no longer have the software, but it's phenomenally out of date so you're not missing anything.

[ITEM #2] Dell 2.0Ch PC Speaker Set $10 OBO
This is a set of speakers my father gave me to dispose of. They work, but I don't have a matching wall wart that I can give away. Takes a 12v 0.5a input. Standard barrel jack connector; it's either 5.5mm*2.5mm or 5.5mm*2.1mm (my eyes are not good enough to tell, sorry).
Issues: aside from the missing DC adapter thing, as part of a favor to a friend I opened them up and wrecked one of the rubber strain reliefs. It's been replaced with electrical tape. It looks fine, because it's in back and you won't see it.
Comes with: the speakers and attached cabling and that's it.

[ITEM #3] Epson Photo Printer and Software $45 OBO
The printer is an Epson PM260 PictureMate Dash. AFAIK it works. It only prints 4x6 photos IIRC. The included (so you know what to buy) ink cartridge dried out a couple *years* ago, so it needs a new cartridge. There's also some sort of photo-gallery-and-editing software that has been carried with the printer basically forever, although IIRC it's still sealed. I can almost guarantee it's never been used. The printer has been used maybe three times. Maybe. (As a side note -- I somehow managed not to get a photo of the power brick. It is around and included.)
Issues: needs new ink cartridge; generics are $8 on eBay.
Comes with: printer, power brick, manual and quick-start guide, driver CD, dead ink cartridge, a fat stack of 4x6 photo paper, and "Photo Explosion Deluxe Version 3" photo software.

[ITEM #4] Somewhat Older Panasonic Camcorder $50 OBO
Model PV-L453. I don't think this was ever used, so I can't speak to its abilities. I can say that it looks like almost everything is here. I can include the original box and the bottom styro packaging, but I don't have the top styro so I don't know what if any good that does. Uses VHS-C tapes or SD cards or SmartMedia cards.
Issues: none that I am aware of.
Comes with: camcorder, lens cap, three batteries (the original and two "Digital Concepts" brand), the battery charger, two unused VHS-C tapes, A/V cables, a COMport (!) cable for tethering to a PC, product registration brochure (never used), manual, and... er... driver floppy, lol. Most of the original packaging can be included at buyer's request.

[ITEM #5] Intel Smart Video Recorder Pro [UNTESTED] $5 OBO
This is an ISA-16 video capture card! Woohoo. A friend gave it to me, and I can neither test it nor use it, so I'm passing it on. NO REFUNDS OR RETURNS ON THIS ITEM!
Issues: it's ISA-16, and it's untested.
Comes with: the card itself, manual, cables, drivers and software on a total of four floppies, and two unlabeled mystery floppies that were in the same bag.

[ITEM #6] ORIGINAL Garmin StreetPilot GPS $20 OBO
This is a veritable collector's item! This is NOT the apparently more common StreetPilot III, this is the first. It still works... at least, it still turns on and looks for satellites. Whether or not it will find them I do not know, but it should. This thing is in amazing condition for a 1998 GPS, and the screen really rocks. You will need to supply six AA batteries to power it, unless you want it to be forever tethered to a cigarette lighter (don't do that; smoking is bad for everyone). Protip: hold down the backlight button (orange lightbulb) to turn it on or off.
Issues: it's old. Batteries --as they say-- not included.
Comes with: the GPS receiver itself, a large plastic tilt thing and a small oval gadget that together comprise a windshield mounting system, cigarette lighter power cable, COMport cable (!) that uses the power port for some weird reason, manual, quick start guide, Garmin MapSource software and manual, adhesive pads, and a Nov 98 catalog of "MetroGuide" map cartridges (probably none of which are still available).

[ITEMS #7-15] Various PCMCIA (NOT CardBus) Ethernet Cards and Modems [ALL UNTESTED] $3 EA *OR* ALL NINE FOR $15 OBO
All cards are Xircom brand, with the connector dongles included! But I don't have the ability to test them. Also, these are real 16bit PCMCIA, not that newfangled Cardbus stuff, hrmph. Here's what I have...
(2) "Performance" CreditCard Ethernet Adapters, with BLACK dongles
(1) "Performance" CreditCard Ethernet Adapter, with GREY&RED dongle
(1) "Corporate" CreditCard Ethernet Adapter, with LONG BLACK dongle
(1) LOT OF *THREE* CreditCard Ethernet Adapters (one marked as "10/100" and two as "10/100 Ready") with *ONE* GREY&RED dongle to share between them
(1) CreditCard Modem 28.8 (speeds are listed as 28.8k data / 14.4k fax) with BLACK dongle
(1) CreditCard Ethernet+Modem 28.8 with BLACK LAN and GREY&RED LAN+TEL dongles
(1) CreditCard Ethernet+Modem 33.6 with GREY&RED LAN and GREY&RED LAN+TEL dongles
(1) NEW IN A/S BAG CreditCard Ethernet Adapter (don't know if it's "Corporate" or "Performance", sorry) with BLACK dongle
Issues: none of these cards are compatible with Cardbus AFAIK.
Comes with: at least one card and one dongle. Want more? Take more! We can make a deal...

[ITEM #16] Socket 370 Combo [MOBO KNOWN BAD] $10 OBO
Includes HP/ASUS CUW-AM motherboard, 700MHz Celeron CPU, 700MHz P3 CPU, 1x 64MB PC100 DIMM, and a compatible Cooler Master HSF. NO REFUNDS OR RETURNS ON THIS ITEM!
Issues: the motherboard appears nonfunctional. Upon applying power to the ATX connector, the board appears to turn on immediately, but is 100% unresponsive. No beeps, no response to the power button, and no video output.
Comes with: You should know that already :p
mages: [1]

[ITEMS #17-20] Misc CPUs [UNTESTED] $7 EA *OR* ALL FOUR FOR $20 OBO
One T2250, one T2400, one Athlon 64 3800+, and one Athlon 64 4000+. Intel chips are skt 479/M, AMD chips are (IIRC) skt 939.
Issues: may or may not actually function. Most certainly these are untested.
Comes with: the CPU(s) of your choice.

[ITEM #21] USB->Parallel (LPTport) Dongle $5 OBO
This is a very generic eBay-issue USB to Parallel/LPTport dongle using a chip called the QinHeng CH340. That chip is really a USB->COMport chip, but it can also do USB->LPTport and USB->I2C serial, which is kind of interesting. There is a Linux driver for RS-232 functionality *only* -- which means that I can't use it.
Issues: does not know how to Linux.
Comes with: the dongle and nothing else.

Last edited:
I'm interested in that Athlon X2 4000+. Can you give me the part # so I can Google it?

BIG OOPSIE.

Those A64's are not AM2 A64X2 parts, they're 939 A64 parts... single core IIRC. Way sorry about the mistake in the listing... just fixed it now.

Sent you a PM with info anyways.

@jmilcher -- if it's still around July 1st I probably will. For me, that's a last resort, though.

bump

Tuesday morning, and everything's still here. I'm profoundly disappointed, everyone. I thought you liked me more than this :p

Can we PLEASE get some of this stuff gone?

bump

Anything still here midnight Friday (6/20) gets junked. If you want something, PM in the next 24hrs. If you want to save something from the bin, let me know -- I don't have to have money in hand by then, just an interested [H]er.

EDIT: camcorder pending locally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back