FS/FT: PowerMac G5 case modded, cheap Core 2 Duo mATX combo

Jinto

[H]ard|Gawd
1)

I used it for a Hackintosh server for awhile however I am thinking of moving to mini ITX.

The case is in good condition. There are some scuffs but no dents.

The front panel was modded for use with normal ATX boards. Power, LED, USB and FireWire all work. The front audio port was changed into a HDD LED as I never use the front audio port. However it would not be difficult to change it back.

The back panel was cut out for the mobo IO panel and the motherboard standoffs were epoxied on. With age though they are starting to become lose. The ideal solution is to just cut out the entire back and stick in a Lian Li motherboard tray.

The PSU input was rewired so that an extension cord was added to the original socket.

Most of the work involved is with the front header as it is a total PITA to modify it to ATX.

Has 2x Vantec fans in the back.

$60. Looking to sell locally. Zip code is 08536 (NJ-NY-PA tri state area). I'll toss in a 360w SilverStone PSU as well.

I'll add some pictures later but you can see it in use here:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1039662585

****************************************************************************************************

Possible trades: DDR3, cheap Sandy Bridge Dual or Quad, 1155 mini ITX motherboard.

Last edited:
Back