FS/FT: Modified Via Aqua CC25 Water Chiller for Extreme Watercooling Enthusiasts

How come you are getting rid of it? Do you have a wattage rating or amps or something so power consumption can be calculated? Did you keep it running at its lowest possible temp? Is it capable of running 24/7? When you were running it what kind of heat load was on it and how often would it run to keep the liquid cool? Is the temp displayed exactly what the coolant overall was circulating at?

Maybe a dumb question here, but..

Water freezes at 0/32, Can't I just set this thing for like.. 10/50 and not have to worry about ice/condensation ?

I mean, my processor currently runs at something like 40 C (104F) .. Would this thing being set at 50 F (10 C) make my processor run anywhere near that temp? How effective is it's temp setting at cooling the system?

It looks to have 1/2 fittings. I assume this can therefore be used, safely, with the standard 1/2" tubing we see in the watercooling setups of today? Or is it higher pressure requiring special tubing (i.e. steel inlaid stuff)

As the other person asked..

"How loud is it"?

"Does it have to run 24/7 to maintain temps / water flow"

I am posting this to try and clear up any confussion you may be having. There was actually a reason I didn't reply at first. It was cause I was waiting on a potential buyer and he has not responded to me in a while so I am not sure what is going on. In the meantime I will continue with the sale. I have also added a potential FT to open this up to a few more people. If I go through with the trade I have no problem paying for shipping still.

As far as the mods go on the chiller they are not anything crazy. Infact it was a really simple mod. There were no hardware modifications done to the unit only software tweaks. I never had any issues with the unit. It performed as it was supposed to the entire time I used it so I am sure you will be happy with it. All I did was configure the temperature controller to allow the compressor to run just a little bit longer so that 32F was achievable. So basically if you want to run your water loops at freezing then you just press the down arrow on the temperature controller until it reaches 32F and then just sit back and watch as the compressor kicks on and cools the water in the loop to 32F. Once the temperature is reached the compressor turns off and the water stays chilled until the heat from your components start to heat the water (which happens rather slowly). When the average temperature of the liquid goes up by 1 degree the compressor turns back on. The temperature of the water circulating is what is shown on the display. Pretty simple actually. If you do not want to run this unit at freezing that is an option as well. You can run it slightly under ambient and the temperature will never exceed it. You have alot of options here as far as how cold you want to run it.

Yes the unit uses 1/2" tubing and regular tubing that you use with watercooling kits will work. I used Tygon 1/2" with mine. Just remember at freezing temps you MUST use foam insulation on the tubing. You should be able to get this in the plumbing section in your local hardware store. The chiller has a moderate hum to it and is by no means loud. It is much more quiet than most small space a/c units. This unit needs to be connected to the water loop at all times in order to keep the water chilled. It will turn on whenever the temperature rises by 1 degree so it is not 24/7 per se', but it does run alot. It turns off once the average temperature is lowered to the specified temperature. Of course you must remember though that if you have too much heat being generated by your components then the unit will just stay on until it reads the desired temperature. This unit requires a pump to operate. It does not have a pump built in. The Wattage of the unit is 240W.

As for performance the system I used it on was a P4 2.4C @ 3.6Ghz on a Asus P4C800-E Dlx motherboard. I had the P4, the NB, and my BFG 6800 Ultra OC AGP on a single loop. I used all Danger Den waterblocks which I had modified a little bit with foam and anti-condensation supplies such as dielectric grease. I used high density tygon tubing which I insulated with foam. I used a mixture of window wiper fluid and a little bit of high grade anti-freeze. This setup worked very nicely. The liquid stayed at a constant 32F and the CPU reported being between 4-6C and the 6800 Ultra OC reported 5C Idle 8C under full load even while being OCed to 485/1250. 485/1250 is what I ran the card @ 24/7 max OC being 495/1250 using no voltage mods. Since I stopped using the chiller I retired that system and built a new FX machine with dual 6800GT's. I'm not really sure why I didn't go the whole nine yards and watercool this newest system. I suppose it was simply because I did not go ahead and buy a socket 939 block. I sold the 6800 Ultra AGP to my best friend who uses it still clocked at 450/1200 on a NV5 Silencer.

3.0C P4 and Crucial Ballistix Memory Sold and Shipped PM's replied to...

Oh yeah and bump to the top...

Back