FS: Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe, HD Homerun TV Tuners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwincy

2[H]4U
Switched to a Mac Mini for my HTPC, so these TV Tuners have to go. First up is a Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe CableCard 4 tuner card. I used this with Comcast here in Chicago with no issues under Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center. Comes with the card itself and the mini coax to standard coax cable. You will need a provider that supplies a M-Card type cablecard, which pretty much includes all cable TV (non-satellite or u-verse) providers. You can use this card under Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 and it will allow you to watch 1 channel while recording 3 other programs in HD. It will not let you watch pay per view or on demand content, but you will get all premium channels in HD that you might subscribe to.

est2ys.jpg

Ceton InfinitTV 4 PCIe cablecard tuner - SOLD

Second up is one of the original HD Homerun dual over the air (OTA) tuners. Also used under Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 media center, this tuner works very well and has two separate HD tuners. This connects to your network via ethernet and allows any computer on the network to use it. I also used it with the Channels iOS app, which allows you to stream live TV to your iPad or iPhone. This OTA tuner works under many operating systems, but will not work with the Plex DVR beta as it supports only HD Homerun primes, connects or extends. Perfect for cord cutters who run different operating systems.

Silicondust HD Homerun OTA dual tuner - SOLD

H E A T W A R E

Last edited:
40 bucks for the ceton is an amazing price - would buy if I already did not have 2 (which I paid 199 for :( new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back