[FS] Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

starhawk

[H]F Junkie
This thread is both a regular FS thread and a sort of feeler. Mom and I have a TON of books, mostly her old legal thrillers. I'd like to see how well [H] likes hardcopy novels before heading to that famous online bookstore named after everyone's favorite rainforest :p If these few books that I've got here sell well, I may start bilking hers on here (in which case prices and shipping rates WILL go down!)...

For now I have ten books, all sci-fi. They have been read, and have shelf wear as well as age and dust issues. I DON'T PEDDLE MOLDY BOOKS. Those go to a free-item swap shop at the local trash collection center.

Each book is $2 plus cost of shipping, firm. (PM me if you want multiple titles, though, and we'll talk.)
Shipping is USPS Media Mail, and I accept Paypal. Please do NOT send payment as gift!

Title selection --

Children of the Mind (Orson Scott Card)
Dale Brown's Dreamland
Dale Brown's Dreamland: Armageddon
Dale Brown's Dreamland: Nerve Center
Dale Brown's Dreamland: Razor's Edge
Day of the Cheetah (Dale Brown)
Engines of God, The (Jack McDevitt)
Memory of Fire, The (George Foy)
Night of the Hawk (Dale Brown)
Silver Tower (Dale Brown)

KmZGVqLl.jpg

Last edited:
Out of town, returning Sunday night. Can take orders but won't ship till Monday.

Bump.

As much as I love the usps flat rate boxes, sometimes for certain items even the flat rate makes shipping costs too high. If you consider getting small boxes and shipping media mail rate you will probably sell more, faster, at a cheaper cost to buyers but more profit to you and Mom. Just a thought:eek:

Thanks, Hagrid and topcat :) I could do media mail if I had a working scale... but I don't :( it broke. I don't drive (never learned) so going to the PO isn't as easy as it might seem...

As long as you're approximately correct on the weight shipping won't be an issue. Certain websites should even list the shipping weight of the books and if you use that you'll be fine. Not sure if it's book and book + box, but either way, paperbacks are all pretty similar weight and a box + packing material should weigh no more than 6 oz for these. There are some cheap, decent scales. You don't even need one of the expensive "postal" scales.
Also, even if you put 2lbs for everything, which is probably a big overestimate, media mail is still going to be cheaper.

I realize this is unsolicited, but I hope it helps.

Thanks! I'll certainly think about it. Who knows? Maybe today I'll find one that I can afford...

Bump...

Thanks! I'll certainly think about it. Who knows? Maybe today I'll find one that I can afford...

Bump...

$20 11lb capacity http://www.harborfreight.com/digital-scale-95364.html

This precision digital scale is the ideal weight measurement tool for the shop or garage! An easy-to-read digital LCD display shows weight in either ounces, grams, or pounds up to 11 lbs. and a "tare" feature allows you to zero out the weight of a container to accurately weigh only its contents. Sealed buttons prevent damage from spills, making this a great digital scale for busy shops to weight smaller items quickly and accurately!

$10 2.2lb capacity http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/scales/1000-gram-digital-scale-60332.html

This digital gram scale weighs items up to 2.2 lb. (1 kilogram) making it ideal for crafts, hobbies and precision work.
Backlit LCD digital display
Measurement units display in grams, ounces, grains, pennyweights, troy ounces, and carats
Stainless steel platform
Easy calibration

I don't have $20 :( need at least a 5lb one or Mom'll be mad (the one that died was 5lb capacity)... if I sold outta books I could get the nice one tho...

bump

I think you might have the wrong thread ;) I'm selling actual books -- how quaint! :p

EDIT: just bought a scale on fleaBay... it's a working version of the one I have that broke.

Last edited:
bump

I think I fixed my old scale (new one arrived broken :( ) so I may be updating prices later... ;)

Well, the old scale wasn't fixed after all... but I was able to piece together one working scale from parts of both and some odds & ends lying around. (Protip -- if your Pitney Bowes G799 ever stops working, replace the power switch. Not kidding!) So I now have a way to weigh :D

Prices have been updated. $2 + shipping a book, for single-book orders. PM me for multi-book orders and we'll work something out (hint: it will involve a discount).

Also bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back