FS: Athlon XP, 1.5Gb, Radeon, etc...

ATLPIMP

[H]ard|Gawd
Trying to sell one of my spare pcs. I'm not really certain what the value would be, but I crtainly don't want to give it away. It's been running no problems the past couple years. with a few upgrades along the way. It's specs:

Athlon XP3200+, but because of the 'unofficial' support of the 200MHz fsb, it's been at
2500+ with low volts Using Volcano 7 + at 5V for quiet operation.
Shuttle AN35N Ultra (nForce 2 400)
1.5Gb DDR at 166MHz
Radeon 2400 HD 256Mb AGP 8X - fan has been modded to run at 5V... because it was
LOUD. This is very simple and can be undone easily
Audigy 2 ZS
Adaptec 3 port firewire card
160Gb 7200RPM Seagate hdd
Pioneer 20x20x DVD burner (black)
Antec 400W PSU
Lian Li PC65

I don't have the WinXP Home cd I originally bought with the PC, but the 100% legit key code is on the inside panel of the case. I'd like to get about $250 for this... not sure on what's fair... make an offer.

Edit for pics

side-1.jpg

rear.jpg

whole.jpg

an35n.jpg

mem.jpg

nforce2.jpg

If it's getting split can I get 1st dibs on the CPU? Will prob sell more quickly if split too; have a free bump!

Sure, if it get's split... I probably won't sell it if I can't get at least half the stuff spoken for. What's a fair price for the cpu?

I don't really NEED to sell it... I've got four pcs in my house, not including this one. It's been sitting under my desk not even powered the past ~four months, after I upgraded the video card (from a GeForce 2 MX), and added another 1Gb of ram (1-1Gb, 2-256Mb) when I got the gaming bug and wanted to play Ghost recon on my new (at the time) LCD @ 1440X900. This didn't last long and I splurged on my main PC now, and picked up a laptop at the same time for work and some play.

The reason I want to sell it now after five years is because my mom just moved in with me, in my home, and I've been paying her medical bills (insurance, Rx, etc... [she's recently disabled]), and last week one of my dogs cut her foot and needed stitches; $500 later, I'm strapped for cash until next pay day.

I wanted to make it in to some kind of home server/router, but not in a hurry at all.

TBH, doing any basic functions besides gaming (i.e. surfing, email, movies, music, etc...) I can't tell a difference between this and my x48, 3GHz Quad.

Let me know if you want to check it out before buying, it won't be a problem at all. I live in Marietta right off five minutes from I-75... or PM me for personal info.

help me pay my vet bill bump

(one of my dogs cut her foot and required five stitches, $400 later):(

Wow, I really like that wiring job. Is it the motherboard that wont do 200mhz fsb? If not, its because of the ram being 166. They had to be 1:1 on those systems.

Not really interested as I have an xp 3200+ system still. Bump for awesome wiring!

Dunno. It's one of the two (obdviously). When I built it it had an 1800+ Tbred at 166, with the tightest ram timings in the bios... then a 2800+ Pallamino fell in to my hands, and about two weeks later I ended up with the 3200+ and Volcano 7+. Both the other two would do 166 fine (like it is now), but when I got the 3200 and finally went for 200 it wouldn't make it in to XP. I removed the board and took the thermal tape off the northbridge and used AS5, but that didn't help. This board also has the option to lock the memory at different speeds (like common Intel boards), so by BIOS settings the memory should be at 166 and the CPU at 200, but I vaguely remember these boards having issues at the time with these settings. I want to say the VIA boards were the first I remember to make 200 stable, but I cursed them after my second Abit KT7.

Yes, IMO, the wiring is pretty clean for a system built that long ago... the only thing I did in the past year was rotate the hard drive after I replaced the 80Gb Western Digital time bomb that was in it.

I think it would make a nice pc for a kid, and can surely handle any kiddy games out there now...

Dunno. It's one of the two (obdviously). When I built it it had an 1800+ Tbred at 166, with the tightest ram timings in the bios... then a 2800+ Pallamino fell in to my hands, and about two weeks later I ended up with the 3200+ and Volcano 7+. Both the other two would do 166 fine (like it is now), but when I got the 3200 and finally went for 200 it wouldn't make it in to XP. I removed the board and took the thermal tape off the northbridge and used AS5, but that didn't help. This board also has the option to lock the memory at different speeds (like common Intel boards), so by BIOS settings the memory should be at 166 and the CPU at 200, but I vaguely remember these boards having issues at the time with these settings. I want to say the VIA boards were the first I remember to make 200 stable, but I cursed them after my second Abit KT7.

Yes, IMO, the wiring is pretty clean for a system built that long ago... the only thing I did in the past year was rotate the hard drive after I replaced the 80Gb Western Digital time bomb that was in it.

I think it would make a nice pc for a kid, and can surely handle any kiddy games out there now...

Ah, no. The cpu fsb and memory speeds have to be 1:1 on those rigs. If your ram is 166, the cpu under clocks to match throwing off your multiplier. If the motherboard supports 200fsb, the solution is to put ddr400 ram into it.

Ah, no. The cpu fsb and memory speeds have to be 1:1 on those rigs. If your ram is 166, the cpu under clocks to match throwing off your multiplier. If the motherboard supports 200fsb, the solution is to put ddr400 ram into it.

This board has different dividers to allow (in theory) to run the memory and cpu async.

The multiplier is locked. Meaning no adjustment either way.

This board has different dividers to allow (in theory) to run the memory and cpu async.

The multiplier is locked. Meaning no adjustment either way.

Hmm, my 2 nforce 2 motherboards didnt. The clock speed is multiplier x fsb and the K7 platform dictates the fsb for cpu and memory to be 1:1. The K8 platform is where it became separate. I found this completely non credible link to help credit my point :)p): http://forums.amd.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=27766&enterthread=y

Edit: Sorry man, I just re-read these posts and it kind of sounds like I am thread crapping! Sorry! Just providing advice on the clock issue.

Clean cable management! Bump for one of the best NF2 MB's ever made. I owned at least 3 of them & they we're all rock soild. :)

Hmm, my 2 nforce 2 motherboards didnt. The clock speed is multiplier x fsb and the K7 platform dictates the fsb for cpu and memory to be 1:1. The K8 platform is where it became separate. I found this completely non credible link to help credit my point :)p): http://forums.amd.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=27766&enterthread=y

Edit: Sorry man, I just re-read these posts and it kind of sounds like I am thread crapping! Sorry! Just providing advice on the clock issue.

Morning bump...

It's no big deal, you can't really crap on something this old. It is what it is.... However, to prove that I'm right and you're wrong, I'll post a picture of the BIOS screen in the next few minutes.:p

edit:

ATLPIMP FTW

an35n-1.jpg

an35n1.jpg

If you'll notice the old 'divider' selecting to run memory async at 83% of CPU fsb would net you memory at 166MHz (if CPU was at 200MHz).

Wow, never saw that on my 2 nforce 2 boards (one was an asus and the other a dfi). Welp, I still think its a memory issue anyways!! :D

Back