FS: Asus G72GX Gaming Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobuk

Limp Gawd
Sold the laptop. Making new thread for the NZXT.

Hello all,

I bought this laptop to use while I finished college, and now that I'm done I would like to move back to a desktop. So my Asus has to go!

The link below is to the original review I made of it when I bought it. Aside from a little wear on the 'A' key (from gaming), the laptop is in fantastic shape, inside and out. It has never been modified, and only overclocked for testing (using the software that came with the laptop, no further tuning was attempted). It has been disassembled on occasion for routine cleaning and dust removal. It lived on my desk or in my Osprey bag for school, never dropped, etc.

This laptop is a great mid- to high end mobile powerhouse. It is very portable, yet can tackle games like Bad Company 2 and Crysis 2 with a mix of medium/high settings. Even Crysis 1 plays well. Other games like UT3, Borderlands, Dirt 2/3, Bioshock, etc. ALL play very well.

I will also include my NZXT Cryo LX cooler, which has also served me well. Everything works great on the cooler.

Lastly, I have the original box for the Asus, as well as the manuals, CD's etc. It will ship freshly formatted with everything as it would come from the factory.

Link to review on overclock.net

NZXT Cryo LX on Newegg

Laptop sold.

Last edited:
I have one of those coolers modded with high end 120mm fans its a great cooler!

I used to own this laptop and for the specs and especially the sellers asking price this is MORE than just a good deal...its a lot more powerful than you'd think and can handle even Crysis 1 at more than just "medium" settings ;-) I remember playing it at native resolution at a mix of High to Ultra High settings no AA...Just Cause 2 at mostly all max settings (except Medium shadows) WITH CUDA water on! Smooth...

I'm not being paid to say this, just stating facts! Honestly if I had $600 this would have been sold by now!

And to the OP...put this on the NotebookReview Marketplace...it would be sold already! Goodluck!

It is on NBR, and OC.net. :D

To the other post, yeah, this laptop still surprises me with it's underdog power. Dirt 2/3 both play great, even GTA IV runs very smoothly.

Thanks for kind posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back