FS: $1,000 Home Soda Fountain system in Custom Cabinet in Baltimore

Status
Not open for further replies.

mentok1982

Supreme [H]ardness
This item has been sold! See the last post for details.
I shouldn't have listed the original price in the thread title. I thought I could update it.

For sale is a complete soda fountain system housed inside a custom made cabinet.
The only item not included is the Bag in Box (BiB) soda syrup of your choice. You can connect Coke or Pepsi flavors to this system.

Once cleaned and flushed the system should be in perfect working order. If needed I will provide limited support to you over the phone.

Parts and Items Included:
  • Custom made cabinet with white title surface (Pic 1)
  • 2 flavor lever style soda dispenser with a grated drain base (Pic 1 & 11)
  • Typed instructions that describe how to install and run the system (Pic 2)
  • Carbonator motor (Pic 3)
  • 2 soda pumps (Pic 4)
  • Aluminum cold plate inside blue ice chest (Pic 5)
  • 9 Rubbermaid Blue Ice cold packs (Pic 5)
  • Clear hose for the soda syrups (Pic 6)
  • Pepsi and Coke Bag in Box connectors (Pic 9 Coke, Pic 6 Pepsi)
  • CO2 tank (The tank is not full, but it is not empty either) (Pic 7)
  • High pressure hoses and attachments including three gauges (Pic 7)
  • Extra high pressure and syrup hose (Pic 10)
  • An extra length of hose insulation (Pic 10)
  • Extra hose clamps and washers (Pic 9)

Here is a video that shows the soda dispenser in action.

What the operation of this system requires:
  • Access to a cold water connection
  • Access to a 2 prong outlet for the large brown transformer box
  • **Access to a drain pipe for the dispenser's base. (See note below)
  • A freezer that you can use to freeze the Rubbermaid Blue Ice packs
  • Space for the cabinet. The cabinet's dimensions are: (I will add this soon)
  • I used a business called Robert's Oxygen to refill my C02 tank every few months
  • ***Soda syrup in BiB format. You can buy it online or from a local business that can order it for you. Last time I checked, a 5 gallon Pepsi BiB cost around $60 for a gas station or restaturant to order.
**If you don't have a drain pipe or a floor drain for the dispenser's drain hose, you could plug the whole in the dispenser's base with some cork and periodically dry up any liquid that collects in the base manually.
***You can buy Coke syrups from Sam's Club. They cost like $20 more than it costs business owners to order them from their distributors though.

Before you begin using the system you should:
  • Read the instructions carefully
  • Flush out and clean the system carefully

History behind this soda fountain system:
In 2008 I bought the soda system off of eBay so that I could have Pepsi and Mountain Dew on tap in my apartment. That purchase included everything except for the CO2 tank, the blue ice chest, the 9 Rubbermaid Blue Ice packs and the cabinet. My father and I designed the cabinet and modified the ice chest (2 holes for the in and out hoses) to accomodate everything.

I had my soda cabinet installed in my laundry room (cold water, drain and oulet) and I used the counter top to fold clothes and such on laundry day. I used the soda system in my apartment until I ran out of both Pepsi and Mountain Dew syrup. I was about to buy some more syrup when it became time for me to move to my current town home.

My new place does not have a full-sized laundry room or any other place for me to setup and operate this soda fountain so I am looking to sell it to a good home. It has been lovingly stored inside my front coat closet since I moved in.

Information for serious buyers:
  • I will accept only cash for my soda fountain cabinet.
  • Please contact me Private Message
  • You must pickup the cabinet from my residence in Pikesville, Maryland.
  • You must provide your own transportation vehicle for the cabinet.
  • I will help you carry the cabinet to your vehicle but I recommend that you bring at least one other person with you. A horizontal wheeled cart would be ideal. A handtruck should not be used because the cabinet should be kept level. The carbonator motor and ice chest are not attached to the cabinet which means they can slide around a little.

Last edited:
Interesting for sale thread :)

Where do you get syrup? Can consumers easily access distribution?

Interesting for sale thread :)

Where do you get syrup? Can consumers easily access distribution?

You can buy Coke syrups from Sam's Club.
They cost like $20 more than it costs business owners to order them from their distributors though. So if you know someone
who works at a place that buys Bag in Box syrup, ask them to buy an extra box or two for you, and then pay them a few more
dollars than their cost.

Looks like Sam's also sells Dr. Pepper and RC Cola.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back