Froyo leaked for Droid!

Nice, although I think I'll wait for the bugless beast rom myself.

How is the JIT compiler?

I am going to wait for ChevyNo1 to come out with his 2.2 base Simply Stunning. His SS 3.3 should be released soon. I think he said it is based off of the 2.2 android. We will see, but I can't wait for Flash!

Using it, and it's pretty sweet once you get everything back up and running again. :D Definitely slightly smoother (though the stock launcher feels chuggy compared to ADW/LauncherPro, I'm using LP instead and it's perfect as usual). It benchmarks ridiculously higher, at least. :p

I have a Droid rooted with bb V1.1...I'm much more excited for iPhone 4 then froyo....

With this being released and remember seeing earlier this week, someone from Motorola showed his Droid running a early release of Froyo, a official release from Motorola hopefully will happen in the next week or two. With Adobe developing Flash on the Droid and Nexus One, can't imagine a release is that far off, but after the 2.1 mess, not ruling out a long delay....

One thing that been quite on the Google end, when will they release the new Market Place features? When Nexus One gets an official release?

Backing up and installing now. I'll suffer without a theme for flash and JIT. I'll re-flash BB or NexBeast when it comes out in the next week or so.

Thanks OP!

Nice, although I think I'll wait for the bugless beast rom myself.

How is the JIT compiler?

Phone is much faster then it was with BB v1.1 so I'd say JIT is working nicely. I do wonder though if it'll be even faster once the source code is actually released and the modders can work their magic.

I am going to wait for ChevyNo1 to come out with his 2.2 base Simply Stunning. His SS 3.3 should be released soon. I think he said it is based off of the 2.2 android. We will see, but I can't wait for Flash!

I'll certainly bounce to BB or SS once they get their hooks into it. :) For now though I want my Flash and JIT.

Using it, and it's pretty sweet once you get everything back up and running again. :D Definitely slightly smoother (though the stock launcher feels chuggy compared to ADW/LauncherPro, I'm using LP instead and it's perfect as usual). It benchmarks ridiculously higher, at least. :p

Yeah, not a fan of the 3D Launcher. Even at 900MHz it's slow and choppy. I'll probably install Helix Launcher again.

With this being released and remember seeing earlier this week, someone from Motorola showed his Droid running a early release of Froyo, a official release from Motorola hopefully will happen in the next week or two. With Adobe developing Flash on the Droid and Nexus One, can't imagine a release is that far off, but after the 2.1 mess, not ruling out a long delay....

One thing that been quite on the Google end, when will they release the new Market Place features? When Nexus One gets an official release?

I doubt we see an official OTA that fast. Motorola and Verizon took their sweet ass time getting 2.1 to us. The modding scene had most of 2.1 back ported to 2.0.1 weeks/months before 2.1 was officially released.

Dunno about the new Market Place features. Although the Update All feature is included here and that's pretty nice. ;)

Flash works great though. Really enjoy having the web finally work on a smartphone.

are you sure the phone is that fast?

I tried that robot unicorn attack game and it ran slow.

^

My Droid runs to 1Ghz and it blazes through everything easily. I'm sure once I move up to 2.2 it'll be even faster. I'm a die hard fan of CM so I'll wait for koush to update CM to probably CM6

Although it is mentioned in the post linked to, I just wanted to remind everyone that full credit for this leak goes to p3droid over at MyDroidWorld.

New version of Froyo leaked over the weekend...Flashing in about 2 minutes. ;)

New version of Froyo leaked over the weekend...Flashing in about 2 minutes. ;)

There has actually been a newer 2.2 version leaked since the weekend (yesterday, I think) that alleviates some small issues such as Chrome to Phone working and some other app compatibility issues (In my case, MotoTorch, the Droid flashlight app, didn't work with the first leaked version as well as a couple other apps I can't think of).

There has actually been a newer 2.2 version leaked since the weekend (yesterday, I think) that alleviates some small issues such as Chrome to Phone working and some other app compatibility issues (In my case, MotoTorch, the Droid flashlight app, didn't work with the first leaked version as well as a couple other apps I can't think of).

Yeah, build FRF57 I believe it is. That's what I'll be flashing here in a minute...2 minutes turned into 15 minutes. Had to back up data first. ;)

And my dates are all screwed up due to being sick yesterday so I meant leaked Monday. ;)

Got FRF57 up and running. Nice and stable. Responsive and snappy as well. Linpack and Quadrant scores are higher then first Froyo build. Granted benchmarks like that don't mean much but still interesting to see. @900MHz only the N1 with Froyo is faster according to Quadrant.

are you sure the phone is that fast?

I tried that robot unicorn attack game and it ran slow.

yeah its significantly faster here are two of my benchmarks using quadrant.

The 1st one:
Rom: Succulent Desire 6.0 by Woodyman
Kernel: Chevy's LowV 1250 mhz

CAP201005281333.jpg

Rom: Froyo 2.2 update 1
Kernel: P3 LowV 1200mhz

CAP201006092212.jpg

my friend got 2.2 on his Droid and it made a HUGEE difference. Flash played smooth and it has seemed to have smoothed out the whole phone altogether.

Still havent been able to find 2.2 for my Nexus One even though apparently everyone else has.

Back