Fremont Fry's BFG 7800 GTX

Slava

2[H]4U
Just so you guys know. Fremont Fry's electronics received 4 BFG 7800 GTX video cards. They're only pci-e. The price is $599.99

How is this hot? SInce when did fry's ever offer decent prices on video cards, I don't want to crap, but I don't feel this really belongs at all. :(

OK, um... You can get one of these on the internet from an online store for $500 and not have to pay the tax? Why not save the $100+ ?

I saw the sales guys at Frys Sacramento this afternoon playin round with 7800GTX knockin on the box and passin it around... They said its more than 500$ still pricey...

Slava said:
Just so you guys know. Fremont Fry's electronics received 4 BFG 7800 GTX video cards. They're only pci-e. The price is $599.99

Highway robbery. I would rather order from the net and wait a few days. But that's just me. ;)

I am just posting to see if anyone wants it. The store has it. And most of other local stores dont have it.

pay 500 on the net, pay 50 fedex overnight priority, you'll have it in the morning, save u gas, 50 off tag price, and tax

xcgames said:
pay 500 on the net, pay 50 fedex overnight priority, you'll have it in the morning, save u gas, 50 off tag price, and tax
... and having to talk to their "knowledgeable sales staff". hehe

But it would make this the first sightings in B&M for those who only shop local.

I have been checking the Sunnyvale Fry's and have not seen any... I am heading that way tomorrow and will check again...

cwinning said:
Highway robbery. I would rather order from the net and wait a few days. But that's just me. ;)

And how is selling at MSRP highway robbery? It's what all B&M stores do!

Buying it on a Local store like Frys adds to your coolness factor :cool:.... The chicks will be like he's hot with a 7800GTX!

Yes - for sure NOT. I am so ordering video cards online... so much cheaper.

I know its not a hot price but good luck finding it somewhere local. Some people dont shop online so its good to post whats new in stores.

True... True. I like buying mobos locally... I have had too many bad ones. memory also, Fry's is great for that. I checked Sunnyvale Fry's yesterday, no 7800GTX's yet.

Tonight I spotted a few BFG 7800 GTx cards @ the Frys Electronics in The City of Industry, CA

edit: there were two customers there talking about buying the entire stock and both going SLi. heh! mo pricy

It was hard for me decidinng to spend 500 on 6800 ultra. Imagine 2 $600 cars lol They probably spent like 3 hours just trying to decide to get it or not lol

Slava said:
It was hard for me decidinng to spend 500 on 6800 ultra. Imagine 2 $600 cars lol They probably spent like 3 hours just trying to decide to get it or not lol

I think I talked them out of going SLi on the 7800GTx cards for the time being. The kids said that they spend most of their time playing BF2... and from what I understand 7800GTx (2x in SLi) doesn't really increase performance over the single 7800GTx ONLY FOR BF2. I'm sure this will change after a few patches & driver updates though.

here are some discussions about it:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=933013
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=928992

Some people buy at the B&M's because it's safer.. most have seen what can happen during shipping, and usually if damage is not reported in 72 hours, you're on your own. Thanks for posting this.

Localan said:
... and having to talk to their "knowledgeable sales staff". hehe

Fry's actually has pretty knowledgeable staff; in my experience, I haven't gotten any bullshit from them.

Anyway, given the choice between an online store and a brick & mortar store at the same price, I would always go B&M. Don't have to worry about shipping damage, and you can inspect the product before buying.

NickN said:
Fry's actually has pretty knowledgeable staff; in my experience, I haven't gotten any bullshit from them.
I believe what the poster of that original comment meant was that they aren't as bright as most of us on these forums. The people are Fry's are definetly leaps and bounds smarter than people at BestBuy, Circuit City and some CompUSA employees. But most aren't as knowledgeable as most of us on the forums.

To the original poster of that comment, please let me know if my interpretation wasn't accurate. ;)

concord Fry's has ONE, and it's also upwards of 600 bucks. unless the ppl who go there are dumb and dont shop around, i doubt the few they have will be flying off the shelves.

DriveEuro said:
I believe what the poster of that original comment meant was that they aren't as bright as most of us on these forums. The people are Fry's are definetly leaps and bounds smarter than people at BestBuy, Circuit City and some CompUSA employees. But most aren't as knowledgeable as most of us on the forums.

To the original poster of that comment, please let me know if my interpretation wasn't accurate. ;)

you must go to a good Fry's branch then. the ppl at the concord store dont know jack. poor working conditions/pay cause high turnovers, leading to less and less 'senior' staff and more and more entry level new-hires. this means that the few that know enough about computers to help you are usually no where to be found, busy, or trying to pressure you into buying expensive items (the sales associates get paid minimum wage in return for commission, so big item sales are their bread and butter), and you get these dazed and confused guys in their early 20's still figuring out where the hell everything is in that warehouse sized store. i can't speak for those other stores, cause i usually dont need to ask them anything. Though i can tell you though i know nothing about bestbuy's staff knowledge, i'd rather be WORKING at bestbuy rather than Fry's.

Back