Freezer Pro Fan from Q6600 MB fit i5 4570?

vidoprof

Limp Gawd
I have a Artic Cool Master fan from my older Q6600 build. I was wondering if this fan would fit on the i5 4570 and MB that i just purchased.

I thought it probably wouldn't but was sure you guys would know better than I would.

Thanks
Ryan G

Does it have a(n) Socket/LGA 1156 mount? If so, then yes, it will work with your new Socket 1150 motherboard.

Regardless, why not buy a newer, better performing CPU cooler?

Cause this one is just sitting around doing nothing. I am not overclocking so no real reason to spend money if I don't have to.

I have no idea if it has that type of mount. How can I tell?

You're talking about the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro HSF, correct? If so, if you bought that HSF around the same time as you bought your Q6600 setup, then no it won't be compatible with your new setup. If you bought that HSF after September 2009, just look in the box that HSF came and look for any additional brackets.

Thanks guys.. Yeah I bought it back when I built the Q6600, but I thought it might have been around 2009, but I don't have a clue where the box is, and there was probably nothing in it anyway.

Looks like I am buying an aftermarket fan (the one that came with the processor powers on intermittently and returning the whole thing to wait for a new one with shipping etc just isn't worth it).

Thanks
Ryan G

Coolermaster Hyper 212+ is your best bet for a cheap yet very effective HSF.

Back