Free WinXP SP2 CDs @ Office Depot

Token User

Limp Gawd
Why wait for the mail order from Microsoft ... I walked into a Office Depot near my hotel last night (Monrovia, CA), and they had a huge box of them on the counter for people to take away with them (a'la AOL CDs).

If you can't download SP2, and are impatient, there are Office Depots all over the place.

Just a heads up.

Token User said:
Why wait for the mail order from Microsoft ... I walked into a Office Depot near my hotel last night (Monrovia, CA), and they had a huge box of them on the counter for people to take away with them (a'la AOL CDs).

If you can't download SP2, and are impatient, there are Office Depots all over the place.

Just a heads up.

Cool...Thanks for the info..

we had them at Costco. microsoft sent us 2 cases. they were on the shelves for 2 days when we got an email from corporate to immediatly remove them from our shelves and destroy them.

it cause some major issues with many of the computers we sell. mostly the HP's.

ewarz said:
it cause some major issues with many of the computers we sell. mostly the HP's.
A lot of companies (notably Dell, and HP/Compaq) are recommending BIOS updates before applying SP2. While thats not a particularly daunting task for "most" of the [H]ard members (some people just dont follow instructions), for most consumers they a.) have no idea what a BIOS is, b.) have no idea where to find one, and c.) no idea how to apply one.

Eitherway, for the ones that need SP2 (and are still on dialup :rolleyes: ) this is good if you can still find one on the shelves/counters.

I didn't notice them when I was at work (OD) Thursday. I'll have to look tomorrow.

Back