Free Vegetarian Starter Kit?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

elguapo

Limp Gawd
this [H]ardly qualifies, but they will send you a free guide to becomming a vegetarian. you get a "colorful vegetarian starter kit" shipped to your door! wow. im sending one of these to some feminists i know...

LoL @ all 4 posts

Yea i'll take some clot busting steak anytime :D

Hard to beat free though

Laforge said:
== Peta supports terrorists, and their OWN people admit it, and are proud of it.
Yup, and only pussys don't eat meat. :D

I actually had a childhood friend who's family was a vegetarian... until she she collapsed from lack of nutrition and the doctors found out that she had diabetes because of their "life style," in short they eat meat now.

I know many vegetarians here in Boulder (can't throw a veal sandwich without hitting one) and many of them still eat alittle meat every now and then.

I think Denis Leary said it best "Meat taste like murder and murder taste good." :D

Although I have to saw that my last GF was one, she was hot and the Veggie burgers weren't that bad.

As much as I love my meat, I'm semi-vegetarian mainly because of the cost of meat these days. I have no beefs (pun intended :D ) with eating meat, I just don't have much money to throw around.

Although there was this one time when a mate of mine picked up some HUGE T-bone steaks for cheap... huge = ~16 inches in diameter, no joke. They hung off the plates! The cost of them was around $0.35 USD each... We ate very well that night ;)

I wanted to check this out so I ordered it, however I never got it in the 2+ weeks I've been waiting. Anyone get this yet?

Our student government president is so signed up for this now. He's the same guy that called in for the free packet of Holy Water, and for the "seeds" of life package.

Man Vegitarian diet, hahahahahaha LOL, give me the steak anytime, so I can die a happy man, hehe. :D

PS: hey Barbacue at who ever started this threads house, "EVERYONE IS INVITED", bring as much meat as possible. :D

While I appreciate knowing it's out there...I can't imagine the idiot that would truly need a kit to help them become a vegetarian.
I guess there is one in every crowd.

But as a meat and taters kinda gurl, I don't forsee myself ordering this.
Thanks anyways ;)

abby.normal said:
But as a meat and taters kinda gurl, I don't forsee myself ordering this.
I have to say there needs to be more chicks like you, too many damn skinny ones IMO. There needs to be more normal size chicks. :)

agreed. It's nice to see a woman who isn't afraid to eat more than a cruton with a glass of water. And meat with taters..... now that's just showin' good taste (pun?) in food.

oh no they support terrorists. to bad america as a whole supports child labor with a majority of the products they purchase. or the fact that "wal mart" is evil because we as americans shop there. our stupidity will be our own doom, not terrorist attacks. they could spend the 500billion (and a may-be additional 350 billion) on crime and hunger in america. then maybe the huge ass amount of poverty and violence would be reduced that does effect millions of americans lol, not the 2000 killed by "terrorists".

Cool, thanks. I've been a veg since birth (as are a majority of Indians) so I don't need it, but people who turn veg as adults (like my wife) often have no idea what to eat and end up with nutrition problems, so this is good for them.

zedmanauk said:
Cool, thanks. I've been a veg since birth (as are a majority of Indians) so I don't need it, but people who turn veg as adults (like my wife) often have no idea what to eat and end up with nutrition problems, so this is good for them.
Holy thread resurrection, batman! :eek:

Actually, at one point I did request this "starter kit" just because I was curious to see what it included. Never got it, but PETA has me on their mailing list now. The last few have included a shiny nickel glued under a cellophane type window on the envelope to get your attention. Such a waste.

I don't eat red meat or shellfish for digestive reasons but don't consider myself a true vegetarian, although I enjoy many dishes that include no meat whatsoever and have a few vegetarian cookbooks. :)

LOL! I just got the shiny nickel also!

It came under a name that I used to order a free sample of buffalo jerky a while back. Man that was good stuff.

BTW....I like the new surf & turf at a restruant here in Minnesota...instead of the traditional lobster & steak (well tradition really only dictates that surf & turf is fish & beef), they offer Chilean Sea Bass & Buffalo steak! Boy Howdy is that combo awsome! *drool*

Tiny said:
LOL! I just got the shiny nickel also!

It came under a name that I used to order a free sample of buffalo jerky a while back

so you're telling me you're getting free beef jerky and are on the peta mailing list with the same name.....

i love the irony :)

elguapo said:
so you're telling me you're getting free beef jerky and are on the peta mailing list with the same name.....

i love the irony :)

I know...I couldn't stop laughing for a while at that one. I wonder how they got it.

CrimandEvil said:
Yup, and only pussys don't eat meat. :D

I actually had a childhood friend who's family was a vegetarian... until she she collapsed from lack of nutrition and the doctors found out that she had diabetes because of their "life style," in short they eat meat now.

I know many vegetarians here in Boulder (can't throw a veal sandwich without hitting one) and many of them still eat alittle meat every now and then.

I think Denis Leary said it best "Meat taste like murder and murder taste good." :D

Although I have to saw that my last GF was one, she was hot and the Veggie burgers weren't that bad.

I dont eat meat and im no pussy...And as for your friend, she must have been eating M&M's and snickers bars to collapse from lack of nutrition and have diabetes, or she might have been anorexic/bulimic with a severe sweet touth, vegitarians get plenty of nutrition from not eating meat, as for the lack or protein though, beans and rice are all you need for that.

As for everyone else, get the veg. starter kit, i highly reccomend getting it just to know what you are eating, you'll be suprised

that certainly figures since you're from santa cruz... why the fuck don't you eat meat? oohhhh you're afraid of hurting a poor defenceless cow? oh no! its not like it has feelings. god put those animals on this planet so we can eat them! not go watching them eat grass in a field.

Bugalaman said:
that certainly figures since you're from santa cruz... why the fuck don't you eat meat? oohhhh you're afraid of hurting a poor defenceless cow? oh no! its not like it has feelings. god put those animals on this planet so we can eat them! not go watching them eat grass in a field.

God huh?? haha, im not even gonna get started on that one, but actully all animals have feelings, hence the word FEEL, i think that somewhere along the lines of scientific study it has been proven that we are not the only creatures with a CNS (central nervous system) if you didnt know, and that usually implies that something that has one can feel pain, and emotion, they have brains as well if you didnt know

swatcatpettus said:
as for the lack or protein though, beans and rice are all you need for that.
Both contain incomplete proteins. It is possible to get your full protein needs by combining certain incomplete proteins. It's been a while since I've studied up on this, but I'm unsure about beans and rice making a complete protein. IIRC, legumes and cheese usually make a complete protein. And many other foods also contain incomplete proteins and can contribute to the mix.

A bowl of split pea soup, a grilled cheese sandwich and a salad makes a pretty complete non-meat meal. I don't think many carnivores would balk at that meal, it's good food that just happens to not contain any meat. It's really not that hard to cut back on meat consumption, eat healthier and save some money in the process. :)

Even though if your a vegetarian and think just cause something wasn't killed for your food (exsample eggs, cheese, milk, and such) I'd suggest you look up on the treatment of the animals in the facities to obtain the foods like that.

I personaly choose to eat meat, my whole religion and veiw it's ok as long as I give thanks to the animal for giving its life for my life to contune with food *long boring crap inserted here*.I show respect for those who choose to not eat meat but I ask that they know alittle about the choice they make and do it with some smart moves, so they dont make asses of themselfs and other vegies out there...

Also for those who also eat meat, have you seen some of the facities your food comes from?? If you buy from big stores you might wana look into it as I do eat meat but I dont think that the animals should have to suffer for their last part of life....

And peeps who think vegies are "pussy" think twice, they are standing up for what they believe in, and choosing to live choice of it. Not all of them are born into veg families and some choose even coming from families that say the same stuff.. If they are doing it for more then fasion then they deserve respect imho

I use to work at a slaughter house I would spend the summers on my grandfathers farm. I split time between the slaughter house, the dairy farm and the watering tubes for the smaller fields. (my lands how I hated running tubes) So I do have a notion of where my food is coming from....and it doesn't bother me.

Personally I don't give a rip if someone doesn't like to eat meat. That just leaves more for me. :D

Just for a FYI. And another FYI

Give me a platter of buffalo steak, lobster tails, and steamed broccoli and I am a happy man! :D

Lethal said:
Both contain incomplete proteins. It is possible to get your full protein needs by combining certain incomplete proteins. It's been a while since I've studied up on this, but I'm unsure about beans and rice making a complete protein. IIRC, legumes and cheese usually make a complete protein. And many other foods also contain incomplete proteins and can contribute to the mix.

A bowl of split pea soup, a grilled cheese sandwich and a salad makes a pretty complete non-meat meal. I don't think many carnivores would balk at that meal, it's good food that just happens to not contain any meat. It's really not that hard to cut back on meat consumption, eat healthier and save some money in the process. :)

Hmm...i was always told beans and rice make a complete protein, im gonna go research that one some more, but im pretty sure they do

LadyMakoFox said:
Even though if your a vegetarian and think just cause something wasn't killed for your food (exsample eggs, cheese, milk, and such) I'd suggest you look up on the treatment of the animals in the facities to obtain the foods like that.

I personaly choose to eat meat, my whole religion and veiw it's ok as long as I give thanks to the animal for giving its life for my life to contune with food *long boring crap inserted here*.I show respect for those who choose to not eat meat but I ask that they know alittle about the choice they make and do it with some smart moves, so they dont make asses of themselfs and other vegies out there...

Also for those who also eat meat, have you seen some of the facities your food comes from?? If you buy from big stores you might wana look into it as I do eat meat but I dont think that the animals should have to suffer for their last part of life....

And peeps who think vegies are "pussy" think twice, they are standing up for what they believe in, and choosing to live choice of it. Not all of them are born into veg families and some choose even coming from families that say the same stuff.. If they are doing it for more then fasion then they deserve respect imho

Don't worry my friend, i know the treatment of the animals in those facilites very well, every time i eat cheese, eggs, or any non-vegan foods its not with a clear conscience, lol, and i hope that you werent implying that i was making an ass out of myself... :confused:

Tiny said:
Personally I don't give a rip if someone doesn't like to eat meat. That just leaves more for me. :D But don't even get near me with that bullcrap about how it hurts animals and that we shouldn't eat them. Just don't.

Just for a FYI.

Give me a platter of buffalo steak, lobster tails, and steamed broccoli and I am a happy man! :D

If I may ask why is that bullcrap?? Imagine this: HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION PEOPLE, if we were not on the top of the food chain, and something else was, and we couldnt express ourselfs to them, how the fuck would we feel?? I mean just because we have the power to kill animals doesnt mean we should, sure meat tastes great, i used to eat ribs like there was no tomorrow, but to just diregard a living breathing THINKING creature because we have the power to and we are hungry doesnt mean we should, and if you are so hell bent on getting your meat then try a meat substitue, there are many tasty ones out there, to kind of put this in gentiler words, dont hate it untill you've tried it, i used to eat meat, now i dont, give up your beef and bacon for about 2 months and see if you like it or not, if not, so what, u saved a few cows and pigs

and BTW, i never really liked lobster, lol

LadyMakoFox said:
If they are doing it for more then fasion then they deserve respect imho
That's one way to look at it. ;) Some diets are considered "fashionable" like Atkins/South Beath/low carb/bla-bla. Even if they "work", I still think they are temporary solutions. In the long term, healthy eating is what should prevail.

I think being a vegan/vegetarian should be more about doing it because you believe in it than just because you think it's cool or your friends are doing it.

Out of all the things i hate the most...trends...so here i say this once and once only

I actully wouldnt mind if vegitarianism or veganism became a trend...and if it became big enough maybe even Hot Topic would start to sell veg crap, then we could get all the punk wannabe preps into a healthier state of mind for what they are eating

im going to sleep now

On the making an making an ass comment I want to make it clear I was speaking about those who have no clue of what their doing and end up going to ER and end up in ECU for a while cause they became vegie.

And yes I know about how PETA is, infact the some of the people they support are on the list of terrorist orgs, they are known as the ELF (Earth Liberation Front) which I dont believe getting you veiw known with those kind of actions is smart, and just makes people see your like 90% of the groups out there with an extremest view.

Whats ironic is the damage done by ELF has proably been more most likely worse off to the envorment they are so beloved to then what the things they attacked could have done on their own. Like burning a carlot of H2s (Even though they did get rid of some fugliness lol) think of the damage that had from all the chemicals, and exc released.

I dont support PETA one bit,I personaly think they have become a bit extremest with not regreting dontating to groups like that.

swatcatpettus said:
If I may ask why is that bullcrap?? Imagine this: HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION PEOPLE, if we were not on the top of the food chain, and something else was, and we couldnt express ourselfs to them, how the fuck would we feel?? I mean just because we have the power to kill animals doesnt mean we should, sure meat tastes great, i used to eat ribs like there was no tomorrow, but to just diregard a living breathing THINKING creature because we have the power to and we are hungry doesnt mean we should, and if you are so hell bent on getting your meat then try a meat substitue, there are many tasty ones out there, to kind of put this in gentiler words, dont hate it untill you've tried it, i used to eat meat, now i dont, give up your beef and bacon for about 2 months and see if you like it or not, if not, so what, u saved a few cows and pigs

and BTW, i never really liked lobster, lol
Well I kinda dont think he would have saved a few cows, and pigs..odds are they would be killed anyways and just sit on a shelf to goto waste, or be sold for really killer deals (I love it when bacon, and beef goes on sell XD)

LadyMakoFox said:
On the making an making an ass comment I want to make it clear I was speaking about those who have no clue of what their doing and end up going to ER and end up in ECU for a while cause they became vegie.

And yes I know about how PETA is, infact the some of the people they support are on the list of terrorist orgs, they are known as the ELF (Earth Liberation Front) which I dont believe getting you veiw known with those kind of actions is smart, and just makes people see your like 90% of the groups out there with an extremest view.

Whats ironic is the damage done by ELF has proably been more most likely worse off to the envorment they are so beloved to then what the things they attacked could have done on their own. Like burning a carlot of H2s (Even though they did get rid of some fugliness lol) think of the damage that had from all the chemicals, and exc released.

I dont support PETA one bit,I personaly think they have become a bit extremest with not regreting dontating to groups like that.

Ive been called a hippie/treehugger so many times and so many people think that i am part of the ELF or some other related group its funny

I dont see how they can call PETA, the ELF or ALF a terrorist group, the only terrorist group i am fammiliar with is the united states government

our government does soo much irreversable damage to the environment and animals, the things that these "terrorist" groups do can hardly compare to the damages cause by the US and rest of the world

which brings up another point, these groups may be small, and may have a small impact, but these are droplets in a bucket, soon or later the bucket will overflow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back