Free to Play: The Movie

It's been available to watch on Steam since last week, I think.

Someone want to give a mini review, is it worth 75 minutes of my time to watch a youtube video?

Even if you don't play a whole lot of Dota, you'll still love/like the documentary because it focuses much more on the road to being a professional gamer and the struggles that these three players, and likely many other gamers, have to face when they decide to do something they love rather than what society considers "normal." Longest sentence I've written in a while.

I've played DOTA for all of about 30 minutes but I watched the entire documentary. Pretty good and certainly engaging.

Was I the only one under the impression that it was suppose to be free on Youtube, Steam and iTunes? Its up on iTunes for $10.

Downloaded it on Steam and plan to watch it later.

That was really good. Even if your not a gamer I think you can enjoy this documentary.

That stuff about the Chinese team is insane. I knew professional gaming has been growing, but I had no idea it was that big in Asia.

Was I the only one under the impression that it was suppose to be free on Youtube, Steam and iTunes? Its up on iTunes for $10.

Weird that they're charging for the iTunes version. I guess its good if you want to carry it around with you but $10 is a lot to charge.

Great documentary either way. I saw it at TI3 and it was really good. I was afraid it was going to come off as blatant marketing for the game but its actually very balanced in showing both the negative and positive effects the game had on these players lives.

I don't play Dota and won't because of my personal issues with Steam, I play League instead. That said, this ended up being far more interesting than I imagined and I ended up watching and enjoying the entire thing quite a bit. Well worth watching.

I enjoyed it alot. The comment about pro gamers aging out around late 20s due to slowing hands/eyes was entertaining.

It would be neat to see something regarding the build of pro gaming over the last 15ish years. I competed fairly regularly in the early 2000s at various games (mostly CS in CAL, like anyone else). And it would be cool to see stuff between like King of Kong era and DotA2 era. The LAN scene was a pretty exciting thing to be part of when I was younger.

Oh fine, I'm just being vain.:cool:;)

Reminds me of my CS tournament days. Wish that was still going on and not MOBA tournaments :(

What else did you expect from Apple

What else did you expect from Apple

They are a merchant and distribute content. Content providers set prices. Idk why Valve doesn't just distribute it for less or even for free in the video podcast section. Maybe they want to see if they can make money off of it somewhere, idk.

Really enjoyed the documentary, felt bad for the teams that went home with little to nothing after the crazy buildup to the main event. I'll continue to enjoy gaming to relax not bring in the cash. Thumbs up Valve!

Funny SNL skit, but seriously please learn2youtube
Protip: Click the CC and turn subtitles off if they bother you that much :rolleyes:

Protip: Checkout the CC function before assuming I didn't already.:p

The video use hard subs for those that might not understand along those parts and YT's use CC for everything.;)

Back