Free Linux Technical Resource Kit from Novell

Dammit I could actually use this at work. (not accepting orders)

If I can get Groupwise onto linux I don't need a windows machine at all.

Just went to a Groupwise on Linux demo.. Everything works. Can simply copy your files (pretty much) to migrate (depends on how far back you are version wise on your existing Groupwise).

hmm we are using Groupwise 6 something on the client side but I don't remember what version is on the server (I don't get to touch that). Did they mention what server version the linux client is compatible with?

This was a decent freebie. I actually planned on using SLES 8/9 for a fail safe mail/web/routing server... Too bad you gain very little using the sles series. I found it very cryptic and not intuitive; I guess that i'll just stick with freebsd for the application.

i got mine finally a couple days ago. unfortunately i doubt i'll be able to play with it until my winter break from school. of course i also have to find which cd rom i have in one of my rigs (my server/dc rigs, not my main rig naturally) is actually a dvd rom so i can read the discs

Got mine today too, but I cant play with it. No DVD drive. :(

Can anyone give me any tips on installing this in vmware?

I installed a dual booting redhad linux 7.2 and winXP in vmware, so I know what do do, but SuSe gave me an error (an error has occured) message.

I finally had some time to try this out, and I have to say, it's worth it. Easy to install and update. The dvd contains the install files for most common replacements. I'm glad I took up on the freebie.

Signed up for this 2-3 weeks ago and received the disks last week.

Just now getting around to installing it and I must say this Suse Pro DVD install is nice. Went in and found I already had 3 Windows partitions and set up the partition on the extra space I had set aside. Don't recall seeing any of the past few versions of Red Hat (7-9), Fedora or several other Linux distros do that.

Now to let it finish installing.

I've given up on Suse, too many problems. Make uninstalled itself somehow, but got it reinstalled. Far worse is the NVidia accelerated drivers uninstalled themselves! At first I thought it was the automatic security daemon locking it down (as sometimes happens), but it doesn't work under root user either! :mad: Two attempts and a few reboots (which sometimes fixes things under Suse) and I *still* can't get it back installed, using the YAST installer at least.

Pros:
Windows like in recognising multiple mice (have two mice going without having to edit XFreex86 and XFreex86-4). Looks like multi-monitor would be just as easy.

NVidia accelerated drivers very easy to install.

Cons:
Windows like in random stuff breaking. Fixable half the time by rebooting, the other half by reinstalling. According to the forums on LinuxISo_Org, puting the installer disc and choosing 'recover' will probably fix my current problems. (ala Windows)

i just got this in the mail today after waiting quite awhile, anyways can someone tell if the first disk (dvd 1.1A) is bootable. i know that the third disk is bootable because im installing suse pro 9.1 off of it.

i just want to make sure im not crazy or something.

zeos said:
i just got this in the mail today after waiting quite awhile, anyways can someone tell if the first disk (dvd 1.1A) is bootable. i know that the third disk is bootable because im installing suse pro 9.1 off of it.

i just want to make sure im not crazy or something.

Only the third dvd is bootable. DVD 1.1A and DVD 1.1B contain .iso files for Enterprise server, Pro 8.1 (8.2?), etc..

Back