Free Hackers DVD from Kellogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crapinapale

Limp Gawd
if you get five coupons off of the backs of specially marked kellog's boxes and send them in you can get a free dvd of the ones they have listed. The only DVD i'm personaly interested in is Hackers. I havent seen it but i've heard it was semi decent.
Here's a list of the DVD's:
Return to me
Agent Cody Banks
Hackers
It Runs in the Family
The man in the Iron Mask
12 angry men
Baby Boom
Honey moon in Vegas

most of the movies seem mediocre except for Hackers.
Just thought you all would like to see this

decap said:
hackers was horrible
Not really threadcrapping, it is his opinion.

I liked the movie, it was good for it's time. I'd like to get a copy of that myself. Thanks for the heads up, OP

I thought it was pretty good when I first saw it and I was a comp n00bie then. Now I dislike it, would be pretty kool to get it on DVD. Thanks for finding the deal.

decap said:
hackers was horrible

I know that it seems a little out of date. But you have to realize that it was released in like 98'
I personally believe that its almost a rite of pasage for everyone involved in computers. This might sound almost cultish, but you need to realize that its movies like that, that spawned the whole personal hacking/programming environment. Another favorite of mine is War Games !!!!

I noticed this the other day when I was stocking and I was thinking the dvds were in the boxes, and I remember thinking how shitty it was that hackers was included in a $3.50 box of cereal. It is a pretty shitty movie, though. I hate to admit, but I actually have it on dvd already(it was a gift).

decap said:
hackers was horrible

Which is all the more reason to get it. It's so fucking awful that it's definitely worth watching again and again.

Where else are you going to learn those three most commonly used passwords?

if you get over the non realistic stuff, hackers is simply just a fun movie to watch.

its in that place where i put that thing that time :p

Hackers is like any other movie about something real, they spice it up for those who dont know anything about the subject at hand.

I've learned that no mater what you like to do, they may make some sh!tty movie about it so full of BS that its funny..

Just reminds me like every time I hear someone call N20 "NOS" I normaly laugh at them for it.

Hackers is old, but pretty amusing, even in its screwups.

"Dude, it's got a 28.8bps modem!" (hmmm, if it was 28.8 bits-per-second, it'd be the slowest modem I've ever seen)

I have it on VHS....It's got decent music, okay acting, and it's really still fun to watch, even if I don't take it seriously, and its technology usage is flawed. Far better than the other computer movie that came out just before it, "The Net" with Sandra Bullock, which was an absolute train wreck.

I like the part where they're talking about the refresh rate on the TFT panel that has enough brightness to project its display onto anything in front of it.

And the "P6" chip. It's a Pentium Pro they were talking about there, of course. Couldn't have been a P2. Would be about three years before those were even proto. Would be like Strong Bad's Lappy 486... a battery life of half of ten minutes. Your lappy asplode!

LadyMakoFox said:
Just reminds me like every time I hear someone call N20 "NOS" I normaly laugh at them for it.

Do you also laugh when people ask for a Q-tip instead of a 'cotton swab', or a Kleenex instead of a 'facial tissue'? :) People just generalize a product into a brand name, and NOS is the brand leader. They were also a huge paying sponsor of the film. :p

Just one of the many movies in which hollywood screwd up on their assessment of a group/culture.

decap said:
hackers was horrible
It was bad, when it came out, it is comedy now!

Code:
INT. KATE'S BEDROOM.

Phreak is checking out Kate's computer.

PHREAK
                    Yo. Check this out guys, this is insanely
                    great, it's got a 28.8 BPS modem!

DADE
                    Yeah? Display?

CEREAL
                    Active matrix, man. A million psychedelic
                    colors. Man, baby, sweet, ooo!

NIKON
                    I want it.

PHREAK
                    I want it to have my children!

CEREAL
                    Yeah, I bet it looks crispy in the dark.

Seer said:
This might sound almost cultish, but you need to realize that its movies like that, that spawned the whole personal hacking/programming environment.

i may be old but i was into hacking at hte time the movie came out and saying that it spawned the whole personal hacking/programming environment is so wrong its funny :D

Didn't it show Angelina's b00bies? Nice offer Kellog. :p And one more vote for how horrible it was. Made me embarassed to be into computers. I'm sure skaters really appreciated the movie "Thrashin'", etc. Hollywood, leave it be...leave it be...

sativa said:
i may be old but i was into hacking at hte time the movie came out and saying that it spawned the whole personal hacking/programming environment is so wrong its funny :D

Agreed. Last I looked you didn't hack in a 3D environment. Unless you are playing System Shock! :eek:

hackers was far from horrible. The sound track is still probally one of the best I have heard.

OldPueblo said:
Didn't it show Angelina's b00bies?

This alone made the movie worth while in my mind. Also its just great to watch for how bad it is. Its just so bad its enjoyable. Computer people who can't watch "Hackers" and laugh and enjoy themselves really lack a sense of humor.

-zac

well it could be worse ya know as well... they could be offering us ET the video game XD

Thats something I wouldn't mind seeing asplode

Also on a side note as long as I dont see anyone trying to hook up body kits and worthless stickers to like a emachines case thinking it makes it better I'm ok with it being offered XD

Also back when it was shown on cable I enjoyed it I mean come on at 5 AM you need a break to relax and laugh from playing FPSers all night lol

Relatively Free (if you already eat their cereal)

+

Angelina's Teenage Boobies

=

Good deal, quit complaining, if you don't like you don't have to get it. Sheesh.

The only way I am watching Hackers again is if someone pays me. This deal is like a free prostate exam. It may be free, but you come out of it emotionaly scared.

SeeDLeone said:
The only way I am watching Hackers again is if someone pays me. This deal is like a free prostate exam. It may be free, but you come out of it emotionaly scared.

lol i think i'll add that to my sig

LadyMakoFox said:

Isnt that like laughing at someone for calling a tissue a kleenex?

This thread's been hijacked yo!
OldPueblo said:
Agreed. Last I looked you didn't hack in a 3D environment. Unless you are playing System Shock! :eek:
that reminds me of the original jurassic park "Oh, i know this, its Unix" [as the kid navigates through flying 3d boxes of files or some crap like that] <-- taken directly from the script. seriously. go find the script and read it, it will be word for word.
well at least its not a DVD of Hackers 2 or Freedom Downtime.

and AJ + Teenage = Win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back