Free Google Netbook! (cr-48)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep hoping.......looks like they are giving more out.

Did you miss out on the Chrome OS notebook? Psst, you can still get one

Sign up for a service, and then apply. What if we've already applied?? I don't know. You may need to re-apply seeing as you have to sign up.

Funny... The app I actually wanted to use is the one running a contest for most unique and creative entries. I just wanted to create a few simple charts for my job.

I just signed up again through the MOX link and I will log into BOX once a day.

I want that damn laptop :D

I applied on the 9th, i wonder if my application would still be valid or they knocked out those applications and started fresh again?

I just did my app through the link on the OP post. We will see.

I got one just yesterday. Typing on it now actually. Not bad, there are some bugs to iron out. Flash could use a little work

The hardware is excellent though

Hmm, I just signed up. Looks like there has already been 3 delivered to my city or atleast 3 items showed up @ 6lbs back on December 15th (1) and December 20th (2). Maybe i'll get one next lol

-Xzi

Applied a while ago and haven't got one. I might as well give up lol

Yeah, it looks like people who applied back when the program was announced that didn't get one in that first week or so have now started receiving Cr-48s from this new batch. I'm in that boat too, I applied literally 10 minutes after it went live. So I guess I won't be reapplying, unless Box.net will let me apply through their promotion, which I've been opening that page a few times a day since Wednesday but to no avail.

Also, kind of a noob question, but does anyone know if we are supposed to return the netbooks after the trial or do we get to keep them?

Oh, and did you guys get an email from Google first or did you just receive one?

If you get a laptop, it supposedly just shows up on your doorstep.
Also, I applied once right after it went live, but have been applying a ton lately...just in case...Guess if its not going to happen its not going to, but I would kill for one of these laptops.

i used the zobbo site with crome on sunday.
I got a popup saying "apply for a crome laptop now!"

Is that mean that they are now doing laptop giveaways again?
It took me to the crome site with referal in the web link.

Should I reapply again? only one person I know of near the same area code got one.

Should I reapply again? only one person I know of near the same area code got one.
I don't know. I would think a new application would be warranted as the next batch is coming through app links.
I'm not re-applying though. Once was enough. If I get one, I get one, and if I don't I don't.

Woah, who else lives in Conneaut Ohio?
I registered for one back in december on the 12th...at the time nothing was posted for the zip code.

I check that tracker and it showed one of them was shipped on the 14th and delivered on the 16th For Conneaut.

Last edited:
did they email you back that you were going to get a laptop?

it just shows up with no packing slip and no confirmation or anything.

Nice that gives me hope.. I Figured I got skunked since I hadn't heard anything, but if others here are just getting them then I may not be SOL..

In Michigan's tri-cities, Midland, Bay City, and Saginaw...Midland is the wealthiest and safest, and got one, Bay City is boring and average and got one, Saginaw is dangerous and poorest ghetto area and got 3, which makes me sad =-)

Didn't the tracker simply report any 6 pound package headed for that zip code and therefore have very little bearing on whether you were going to get one anyway?

I signed up twice, one in december before the holidays and once just last week. I hope I get one soon... Probably not though :(

Pretty much a safe bet this train has left the station, figuratively speaking... if you missed out (and I did as many others have), well, we just missed out. :(

ugh.. i see people get these laptops and dont even use them they just throw them on ebay.. kinda pisses me off since i dont own a laptop anymore.. and i would actually use it >.<

^^^

I second that. I don't get what people are complaining about either, um it's a free netbook. Yeah the software is still not finalized and flash is really slow I hear, but this is what you signed up for, to be a beta tester, and again - it's a frigging free netbook that Google is sending to you for free, so stop complaining.

I'm also still waiting for mine, applied a few minutes after it went live and still nothing, kind of frustrating considering so many people have gotten them. Those of you who did just get one - did you apply as an individual or a developer, business or one of the other categories?

I did resign up last sunday. I wrote about it in page 9 i think.
I hope i get one of these. I could really use this at break at work. Since I am stuck there with no networks for me to use this would be great. If it has fast load time and long life it would fit the bill.
I would use it over 30 hours per week and use my main pc for something like folding .

Only signed up once back when they first started taking applications for testing. Also signed up as an individual. It's a nice little unit. Couple things are taking a little adjusting to (hands grazing the wide trackpad for instance) but overall it's pretty nice. Heavy usage (streaming videos, playing flash games, listening to music, multitasking in general) for about 3.25 hours last night still left me with 47% battery, down from 97%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back