Fractal Design - DEFINE Mini

They really messed up on the drive cage configuration, didn't they... max 260mm card length with the cages in - that's 10.2", when a lot of cards come in at 10.5". Three 2-drive cages instead of two 3-drive cages would be infinitely better. Have to wonder what they were thinking to let that one slip through to production.

Here in Sweden, a retailer will have Define mini week 8. Arc is said to be released in March

arrrgh... june is too long, i've been waiting for this thing forever. so any word if define mini will be out before/after, or come at the same time as arc mini?

NewEgg will be expanding their Fractal Design section in June. As far as other e-tailers go, I do not know.

that define mini has me rethinking the arc mini.

I swore I would never buy another case with a door, but since the power switch and USB ports are on the top panel....well, that changes things.

Arc Mini for me. Cases with doors cut down on air flow, especially with water cooling going on inside.

They cut down on noise because they cut down on airflow.

UNTRUE. Restricted airflow means increased turbulence results in extra noise!
Unless you lower the airflow with slower/less/smaller fans which means higher temps.

source: personal experience

Bought a define mini today (Sweden). I can probably upload some pictures this weekend

This case has no side window & buttons on top/front of the case, ideal for people who have their PCs under desks or tables Right?!!!!

So thanks very much for giving us a fan controller on the BACK where it's really difficult to get at????
cheers :eek:(

ps: & where's the white version?

i found someone with a real pic of everything installed in his fractal design mini:

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1037260825&postcount=564

img10693.jpg

Not too bad of a case. I think you could really make it look quite nice if you fully watercooled it, 240mm Rad in place of the hard drive cages. One SSD and 1x2TB drive in the top bay. A nice EK Res, straight piping etc. Doesn't look too great with aircooled equipment. Maybe it would really shine if the hardware used was more high end / better cable managed. Looks messy to me from that picture.

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/8459/img0707q.jpg
That's mine aircooled, I think it looks better in the P180 Mini. Though as a water-cooled rig the P180mini is next to impossible without some serious modding. Baiscally thinking CPU and two graphics cards under water.

Have any North American stores sold this case yet. I was so turned off by the size of the Corsair 650D I tried for a few days that I'm really interested in this case.

My Fractal XL, would eat that for breakfast! If it's anything like it's it bigger brother, a nice case.

LOL @ the people who are complaining about fitting oversized GPU's in there - that's not the point. Can't fit a full ATX board in there either but that's what the XL (E-ATX) is for...

Last edited:
LOL @ the people who are complaining about fitting oversized GPU's in there - that's not the point. Can't fit a full ATX board in there either but that's what the XL (E-ATX) is for...

ya you just cant please everybody. some says the case is too small and can't fit really large video cards, and some complain that the case is too big for a mATX :rolleyes:

it's been available for a short while in the UK and EU. For UK it is (or was) £85 in stock at Quiet PC, SpecialTech, Dabs, Ebuyer, and others.

it's been available for a short while in the UK and EU. For UK it is (or was) £85 in stock at Quiet PC, SpecialTech, Dabs, Ebuyer, and others.
Ah just seen that. Ebuyer for one has it on preorder with stock expected this week! :)

Fractal Design Arc Mini review posted at Bit-Tech

The Arc Mini is one of the most user friendly micro-ATX cases we’ve seen to date. It was very easy to assemble a tidy PC inside, due to its thoughtfully placed routeing holes and large gap behind the motherboard tray.

The Arc Mini also provides good cooling, looks smart and is relatively quiet during operation as well.

Anyone know where I can find the Core 1000 in the USA?

Been dying for a case that can fit in an airplane overhead compartment.

Back