FPS Utility: Either EVGA PrecisionX or MSI Afterburner are driving my nuts!

Cannibal Corpse

[H]ard|Gawd
Please help!

The MSI Afterburner displays my FPS in some games (DOOM 2016), but it does not display the OSD in others. The assigned hot keys (toggle, hide, display) also does not seem to 'stick', and they don't do anything.

Installed EVGA's PrecisionX thinking it might be better, but it is worse, it does not even display anything (FPS, POWER, TIME) nothing.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Here is my system specs:

Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Skylake)
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1
EVGA 16GB DDR4-2800
EVGA GTX 970 SC
Corsair HX850W
Corsair 760T Case
Sony 60' 1080p gaming LCD

yup, youre doing something wrong! :)
what games aren't working? are they UWP games because nothing works with those...

yup, youre doing something wrong! :)
what games aren't working? are they UWP games because nothing works with those...

Forza 6 APEX

I guess I have resort back to the crappy FRAPS.

Any good suggestions for similar utility to display the FPS? I don't care about overclocking my GPU.

Forza 6 APEX

Any good suggestions for similar utility to display the FPS? I don't care about overclocking my GPU.

Directx 12. What version of AB are you running. Afaik, only the latest AB beta has support for it.

Untitled.png

Forza 6 APEX

The Windows Stores doesn't support overlays. That's why neither of them work with Apex.

Indeed I am using the latest beta version of the MSI After Burner. I can not even get the hotkeys to work

Yea its as derangel wrote, uwp is the issue. I haven't played apex since it released, totallly forgot about those store games. I suppose the ingame fps counter will have to do for now.

Indeed I am using the latest beta version of the MSI After Burner. I can not even get the hotkeys to work
yup uwp does not support overlays but...
apex has a built in frame counter. turn that on in the display options and then it shows up top centre during races only

edit: same with gow4

I think most of the uwp do, as does horizon. Btw, uwp won't show the overlay but it is still working underneath. If you had a 2nd panel for ex. you could expand the ab window there and see your stats while playing.

yup that's true! my AB tracks the fps in the chart but doesn't osd. maybe gow4 doesn't yet I might have been thinking of fh3. been in and out of threads for both... if it doesn't though they will probably add one.

yup that's true! my AB tracks the fps in the chart but doesn't osd. maybe gow4 doesn't yet I might have been thinking of fh3. been in and out of threads for both... if it doesn't though they will probably add one.

Gears 4 has a built in FPS counter, a pretty detailed one even.

Back