FPS LOSS

ralphie1313

Limp Gawd
So i always run microsoft flight sim and always been around 85fps 2 weeks ago for no reason the fps has dropped to 30 and when i fly over nyc it goes to 1, i have not done anything to make tis happen. I uninstalled fs twice i also did clean install of the drivers again but its still the same, anyone have any ideas what is causing this or how to fix it.....

Thanks!!

P1 you are talking to me remember!!! Were do i find that? !
its an option in disk clean up. if youre on w11 you now click the drive and then the 3 dot menu up top to get to it. on 10 its still in properties. i think....
there might be an option in nvidia's control software too, amd has one, no idea where or if they do...

its an option in disk clean up. if youre on w11 you now click the drive and then the 3 dot menu up top to get to it. on 10 its still in properties. i think....
there might be an option in nvidia's control software too, amd has one, no idea where or if they do...
So i cleared it out and cleared out gpu cache still the same .......

someone on the ms forum says try this

-I downloaded ddu from the internet and uninstalled the graphics card drivers and reinstalled the most recent driver.

-I deleted whatever is in the "Community" folder in the C: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Roaming \ Microsoft Flight Simulator \ Packages folder.

https://pureinfotech.com/fix-performance-issues-upgrading-windows-11-23h2/

On Windows 11 23H2, you may need to reset the Windows Security app to resolve performance issues, and in this guide, I will outline the steps to complete this task. If you notice a degradation in CPU performance or GPU problems like sudden stutters and drastic FPS drops after upgrading to version 23H2, you’re not the only one. As it turns out, a few users have reported a significant reduction in processor and graphics performance after updating to Windows 11 23H2 using the clean installation or in-place upgrade through Windows Update.

If you get to a point where you think it is hardware, swap in some new ram sticks, maybe even faster ram. The price is pretty nominal unless you need DDR5 and in my experience ram does go bad over time. Stick to two slots—keep it simple.

Always update your W11 to the latest version, without updating for months, it will function like an absolute dog shit compared to Win10 which doesn't necessary needed to be up to date all them time.

Ok so i tried everything posted here with no effect still the same. I got a ? Not sure if this could have done it. So i had fs installed on my c drive as a stand alone version i had from xbox. So now came a big update for fs but i am out of room on my c drive so i want to install it to the e drive, so i delete fs and while trying to reinstall it on the e drive i was having problems so i got fed up andi bought a copy through steam and installed it and i am not 100% but i think that is when the fps started, is that possible the fps is caused because i installed it through steam?

Ok so i tried everything posted here with no effect still the same. I got a ? Not sure if this could have done it. So i had fs installed on my c drive as a stand alone version i had from xbox. So now came a big update for fs but i am out of room on my c drive so i want to install it to the e drive, so i delete fs and while trying to reinstall it on the e drive i was having problems so i got fed up andi bought a copy through steam and installed it and i am not 100% but i think that is when the fps started, is that possible the fps is caused because i installed it through steam?
shitty.
no idea.
make more room on your c and move it back, see if it works normally there.

shitty.
no idea.
make more room on your c and move it back, see if it works normally there.
Alittle update so was playing around in bios and i must f went back to default state not realizing, so there is a setting AI Overclock and was set to auto so i always keep it in d.o.c.p tweaked setting so i put it back to that and went on to flight sim and i was back to 90fps!!! I got no idear what that setting even is!! lol anyway its back!!

Yes

Alittle update so was playing around in bios and i must f went back to default state not realizing, so there is a setting AI Overclock and was set to auto so i always keep it in d.o.c.p tweaked setting so i put it back to that and went on to flight sim and i was back to 90fps!!! I got no idear what that setting even is!! lol anyway its back!!
Glad to hear that you fixed it!

DOCP is essentially AMD's version of XMP. It clocks the memory speed and timings to pre-set performance profiles on your DIMMs. You leave a lot of performance on the table without it.

DOCP is essentially AMD's version of XMP. It clocks the memory speed and timings to pre-set performance profiles on your DIMMs. You leave a lot of performance on the table without it.
So it was the memory causing the issue not the graphics card interesting. I am not to good with the hardware stuff but i but this machine could be running so much faster if i knew what i was doing!!!

Back