fps in cs

d3stiNy

Limp Gawd
i recently got a GeForce FX 5200 PCI card bc i had an intel extreme graphics:rolleyes: other games i had on the intel wouldnt run and w/ the GeForce it ran much better. i then tried to run cs thinking that it would be better also, well im only gettin 60 fps:confused: which i got before i upgraded

my cpu is 1.8ghz and i have 256 mb of ram

i think it might be a problem with the memory but i dont get why its not getting better:(

well, self-proclaimed n00b, it's most likely because you're refresh rate is locked at 60hz

i know theres a command line to disable vsync, but i dont play cs so i wouldnt know exactly what it is, but you can try raising the refresh rate on your monitor to 75 or 85, the higher the better, just make sure your monitor supports it.

ahhhh yes that mite be a problem... but i didnt think that the refresh rate had to be above 60hz bc im playin with a lower resolution. my friend had a much better comp than me and his monitor refreshes at 75 or 85hz and he still gets 100 frames in it.:rolleyes: :confused:

CS may be locking it even if vsync is off. fps_max xxx is the command I believe. xxx = a number

in console...

developer 1

or

cl_developer 1

one or the other, i forget

other things that effect FPS in CS...

fps_max
vsync off ?

i got a GF4 MX420 64MB PCI and i get 99FPS in CS, but in DOD i get a lousy 30 - 40

listen here

-turn off v-sync

-fps_max 101 in console

-set your refresh rate as high as you can (if you have windows xp if you set your refresh rate above 60 it will have no effect, so you need to override it, download reforce and use it, google reforce.zip)

-www.teamzex.com go to reviews and copy and paste "1.6
guide" in your cs config located in local c, program files, steam, steam apps, your email, counter-strike, cstrike.

-dont use developer1 because it forces your card to work to hard and it will perform worse over time.

Originally posted by blizzah
(if you have windows xp if you set your refresh rate above 60 it will have no effect, so you need to override it, download reforce and use it, google reforce.zip)

<--- 180-240 fps with 8x AF and 4x AA :D

5900xt

-developer 1

-fps_max 999

turn off vsync in video card settings.

lol sry i havent responded in a while...but i have cs 1.5...i dont no if that makes a difference...i tried 1.6 and hated it.

I wouldn't suggest developer 1. It may cause your netgraph to show over 100fps but that won't make any difference in performance or playability. However, the fact that you run and jump slower with developer 1 on will. Don't believe me? Try "racing" with someone with developer 0. There will be a very noticeable difference.

What resolution are you using?

when ur FPS locks in at 60 fps, that means that u have vsync ON
go to ur desktop, right click on the wallpaper and go properties>settings tab>advance>GeForceFX tab>Open GL>turn OFF vsync

done deal :D

Well, the first thing you should realize is that developer 1 was meant for the game developers, which you are not. Second, you're not going to recognize anything higher than 100fps, so why bother to push your card to do more? Third, an FX5200 isnt going to do wonders in cs now. Maybe back when the FPS wasnt a problem, but steam has turned all of that around. My GeForce 3 Ti 500 probably runs cs better than a 5200 any day. Also, why bother turning off v-sync when you're still only going to actually SEE what your monitor allows? I realize turning off v-sync lets your vid card run at a higher fps than your monitors refresh rate(hz), but because of your monitor limit, you're still only going to see what it allows. Just some tips.

Back