Foxconn Bloodrage x58 Product Page Up!

Also wanted to mention that I have seen two versions of the Bloodrage mentioned. A normal one and a version called the SI. Whatever that means.

You can still get 12gb of ram in there, so who cares? Do you really need 24?

it looks kinda cool.. I am not all that thrilled with the slot layout tho.. for sure no 3-way SLI with dual slot cards... and I dont think any non-dual slot cards support 3-way sli.. I guess with the coolers off and some low-pro watercooling setup maybe? hrm.. anyways..

Games don't even come close to using 4GB right now, by the time you need 12GB to play a game reliably there will be a new type of CPU and chipset out lol

Aint this the board that supports lga775 and lga1366? or was it that it just supports the old lga775 bracket so you dont have to buy a new cooler?

anyways, awesome looking board

Games don't even come close to using 4GB right now, by the time you need 12GB to play a game reliably there will be a new type of CPU and chipset out lol

What happens if you end up starting to use apps that would benefit?

Just because a person plays games predominantly now, does not mean they will in the future.

3 DIMMs doesn't allow for much cost effective expandability. You are pretty much out of options with this board should more RAM become needed....at least, not without paying out the wazoo.

The board looks very nice, but I'm always leary when it comes to limited expandability options.

The 3 DIMM Sockets do not bother me too much, although I admit it would have been nice to have the 6 like most other X58 boards. I can't wait for this board to come out because it's touted as being a top performer. Saaya at XS is saying it should be out by the end of the month I think...? Are Kyle and Dan going to be reviewing this board? :confused:

i cant decide between this or the rampage 2 extreme :( i like how this has SAS and i dont really see myself using more than 6 gigs, so the reduced latencies should help out. Hmm decisions..decisions..

The Asus Rampage II Extreme seems like a much higher end board. This would make a nice "budget" board though.

I like the color, mostly. I couldn't really care less about the overclockability of the thing. I just like what it looks like and how it'll look inside a well-painted case with a window.

I'm also facing the same quandary (RIIE vs BR), but in the past few days have shifted heavily toward waiting it out for the BR. While the packaging is all nice and everything, the RIIE comes with a lot of stuff I won't use. The BR also comes with a few things I probably won't use, but it will be cheaper. I think the only major nag against the BR is the placement of the PCIe slots, but since I'm not really planning on going TRI-SLI in the future, that's not much of a concern for me. I think it's still wise to wait for initial reviews before committing though. If it turns out to be a disappointment, the RIIE or the EVGA are the backup boards to go with.

About the looks: It's ironic the BR is the best looking X58 board, but IMHO has the worst looking box art. FC should have gone with something like the MARS box art.

What about the Asus PT6? Also, how much is the the Bloodrage supposed to cost?

I'm waiting for the Foxconn BloodRage to come out too and the 3 Dimms don't scare Me, Besides 3GB should be plenty right now, I also like the fact that one can use an LGA775 bolt through heatsink or other LGA775 heatsink with a bolt thru kit as right now there are almost no dedicated LGA1366 heatsinks outside of Noctua, Thermalright and of course Intel. :D

No official pricing has been revealed yet. Saaya said it would be under $400. I personally hope it'll be no more than $350. I would consider getting the P6T, but the EVGA is a better board in that price range IMHO.

I can't believe they are throwing in a LN chipset adapter. That's a complete waste of money for 99.999% of the people who will buy that board.

3 DIMMs?

Ouch.

This is really not a problem. It's an OC board, you always get a better OC when you don't fill all the banks. For an OC/Gaming board this is not a problem at all.

For those claiming having to buy new RAM later. Well guess what, if you plan on OC'ing the snot out of it you'll still have to buy new RAM because the OC won't hold up with all sockets filled.

To me this seems like a great call, and if you want all 6 slots there are other boards, probably cheaper.

Back