Foxconn 8800 GTS 640mb @ NewEgg, deal of the year???

Darlene: Hi! Thanks for contacting us. How can I help you today?
<me>: Hello! I am contacting you regarding item # N82E16814186017.
<me>: I was curious: is that listing 100% correct?
<me>: The pricing does not seem to be in line with a 640mb card with that GPU.
Darlene: It is correct.
<me>: Wow, for a 640mb 8800 GTS that's an amazing price!
<me>: I have one on order. Thank you very much. :)
Darlene: Thank you for contacting us. I hope you have an Eggcellent day!
Thanks again for contacting Newegg. Once you know, you Newegg.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realize it's very possible that this could be an error, but I am ordering one anyway to see what I get. I will let you know!

Not yelling at the original poster per se, but a 5 second click on the manufacturers link on the bottom of the page would have shown that it takes you the 320MB version of the card... The part # matches up to the 320MB version, hence a product desc. mistake on Newegg's part.

According to Foxconn's site:

320MB GTS:
FV-N88SMCD2-ON (the part # on Newegg)
FV-N88SMCD2-ONOC

640MB GTS:
FV-N88SMBD2-ON
FV-N88SMBD2-ONOC

Newegg made a boo boo:
From Foxconn's website for that exact model#

NVIDIA®
pr.gif
GeForce®
pr.gif
8800GTS
pr.gif

320MB
pr.gif
GDDR3
pr.gif
High-SpeedMemory
pr.gif

Thank you guys for the responses. I do see that this particular card is listed on Foxconn's site as a 320mb model. I apologize for not checking there before posting. :)

Regardless, it's time to see how NewEgg handles my order. :)

I said what the hell and ordered it. If I end up with a 320MB card, it's going right back. If I get a 640MB card, woohoo for me.

EDIT: Placed the order, but I decided to check with the live person first. I'm #38 in the queue! I waited and gave up. Everything says 640MB.

I wasn't impressed with 320MB GTS performance, but if I can somehow get a 640MB for 299, I will be buying it. Maybe it isn't a mistake?

I have a screenshot of my order showing a Foxconn 640MB GTS for $299 and the case fan I was going to buy today anyway. My order with rush processing and shipping next day fedex was $344. That's freaking killer. They processed it. I hope it's for real.

If they told him that is right... I wonder if they will honor it.

If they don't, and they don't honor mine, seeing as my receipt, the product page and the specs state a 640MB card, that's bait and switch. I was looking via memory size 640MB, and it came up. There is no other 640MB Foxconn card available at Newegg, just this one and a GTX for 569.

All signs point to it being a mistake. As other posters in this thread have said, even the product link at the bottom of that page leads to Foxconn's 320mb version's spec page.

I'm just gonna go ahead and cancel my order before it's too late, since the likelihood of them actually shipping a 640mb GTS for $300 is very, very low.

*EDIT* I just refreshed the page and the item is no longer listed on the site, period. There's not a cold chance in hell that they will ship the 640mb variant for $300. :)

If they don't, and they don't honor mine, seeing as my receipt, the product page and the specs state a 640MB card, that's bait and switch. I was looking via memory size 640MB, and it came up. There is no other 640MB Foxconn card available at Newegg, just this one and a GTX for 569.

Get ready to send it back. It's not a 640mb card. This has been discussed in the Hot Deals section. Model number is wrong. The CS rep had no idea what they were talking about.

All signs point to it being a mistake. As other posters in this thread have said, even the product link at the bottom of that page leads to Foxconn's 320mb version's spec page.

I'm just gonna go ahead and cancel my order before it's too late, since the likelihood of them actually shipping a 640mb GTS for $300 is very, very low.

So ship it back if they don't.

In past experiance, newegg has wonderful customer service. If they send the wrong card, chances are they will take it back at a full refund, and pay the return shipping.

I was going to try cancelling mine, but my receipt says 640MB, as does the site and product description. If not, then it goes back.

So ship it back if they don't.

In past experiance, newegg has wonderful customer service. If they send the wrong card, chances are they will take it back at a full refund, and pay the return shipping.

That's true, but I'm not going to bother. I should have resisted the temptation to drop $300 on a video card in the first place (family responsibilities, /shrug), but a 640mb for $300 hit me hard with the impulse-buy temptation. :)

I'd rather avoid the hassle altogether.

The link is gone now. The 399 Foxconn GTS is the Overclocked version, and it's out of stock now, too. There is no 320MB or 640MB card listed now.

If it actually ships, I'll let you guys know.

My order got canceled. I canceled the fan I was ordering too. :(

I'm still not getting the 320MB, though. I guess I'll be waiting longer. Maybe in a couple of weeks the 640MB cards will come down in price, but somehow I doubt it.

It's times like these that I wish there was a third player in the video card market. ATI is taking their sweet time with R600, and nVidia is charging an arm and a leg because they can. If I had any other choice, I say "screw you" to ATI and nVidia both.

My order got canceled. I canceled the fan I was ordering too. :(

I'm still not getting the 320MB, though. I guess I'll be waiting longer. Maybe in a couple of weeks the 640MB cards will come down in price, but somehow I doubt it.

It's times like these that I wish there was a third player in the video card market. ATI is taking their sweet time with R600, and nVidia is charging an arm and a leg because they can. If I had any other choice, I say "screw you" to ATI and nVidia both.

You cancelled or they cancelled?

They took the video card off of the order, saying it was "back ordered". So then I used the Live person to cancel the whole thing (I had a fan on my order, too, but without the monster video card, I can do without it for a while).

Mine was voided, I just talked to customer service, they had to cancel everyone's order. I reordered the Evga version, and got next day air for no charge.

The CSR rep said that the orders cancelled were "too many to count".

Oh well, would've been a sweet deal, still happy with my purchase, now I can step up later on.

Well, at least Newegg now knows that if they want to blow some 640MB GTS's out of their inventory, price them at $299 and everyone will jump on it.

Says a whole lot, too, for how many people truly want a 640MB GTS, but haven't bought one because of price. I'm not excited about the 320MB version.

If the 640MB ones were literally $299, there wouldn't be too many people left to buy an R600.

Now it shows the 320mb card, OOS tho.. well, it will be interesting to see what shows up for you all who bit on that one..

Once they get down around $250 (or less), I think they'll be a great card for the price. Right now there's not too much price difference between this and the 640mb cards. For $50, you might as well go with the 640mb version.

Once they get down around $250 (or less), I think they'll be a great card for the price. Right now there's not too much price difference between this and the 640mb cards. For $50, you might as well go with the 640mb version.

Exactly, though I don't think I'd buy the 320MB version even at $250. It just doesn't have enough RAM, and I think for some of the games out this year the lack will show. It already shows in stock Oblivion, imagine what would happen if you tried it with Qarls and an LOD mod?

$200-ish and I'd bite.

Exactly, though I don't think I'd buy the 320MB version even at $250. It just doesn't have enough RAM, and I think for some of the games out this year the lack will show. It already shows in stock Oblivion, imagine what would happen if you tried it with Qarls and an LOD mod?

$200-ish and I'd bite.

If you only run games at 1280x1024, I think the 320mb version is plenty. The RAM is much more important at high res.

If you only run games at 1280x1024, I think the 320mb version is plenty. The RAM is much more important at high res.

I am excited they've released a more affordable version, but I game at 1680x1050 and I'm reluctant about future games (DX10). I doubt 320mb is going to be the new 256mb.

Back