Status
Not open for further replies.

QSnexus

Limp Gawd
Looking to buy only an Intel Core i7-7700T low power (35Watt) "T" variant CPU, Socket LGA 1151 Desktop CPU (must be the "T" 35Watt variant CPU) to upgrade the i5-7500T CPU (4 cores, 2.7 GHz) in my my HTPC, which is a Lenovo m710q Tiny PC. I just need the bare CPU. Shipping would be to Zipcode 91320 (SoCal). Shoot me a price if you have one to sell!

edit: I've held off on purchasing for now, after learning of the mboard limitation for CPUs, closing thread.

Last edited:
As far as I know you can't upgrade 7xxx era CPUS to an 8th/9th generation for that you need the 720Q not the 710Q version that you have

As far as I know you can't upgrade 7xxx era CPUS to an 8th/9th generation for that you need the 720Q not the 710Q version that you have
https://www.servethehome.com/lenovo-thinkcentre-m710q-tiny-guide-and-ce-review/2/

only support 6th and 7th gen, your chipset wouldn't be able to use an 8th or 9th gen cpu it seems.
Oh wow, thanks for the replies about the m710q chipset not supporting those 8th/9th gen CPUs, I must have misread that it could support them. So it looks like the only real upgrade would be a i7-7700T CPU then, which would only add Hyperthreading, not anymore actual CPU cores and a very negligible clock speed increase. Thanks guys. I will close or heavily modify this thread subject/desc. then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back