Found my first Oblivion Gate....scary....

Moose777

2[H]4U
At least I think its an Oblivion gate.

So, here I am, minding my own business in Anvil and I'm in some bar. When I start to talk to some guy and he mentions that there is a mansion for sale on the cheap. So, I got talk to the guy and ask about the house. He wants $5k for it. I'm thinking, damn, thats cheap. Well I give him te money and it updates a quest I didn't even know I had, "Where spirits reside." or something like that.

I get to the house, figure there were going to be ghosts or something. I ready my Heat Wave spell since it owns everything. And start exploring the house. First place I go is the basement, thinking that if I was going to find any ghosts, that'd be the first place. What do I find instead?

Some kind of a sealed portal/gate thingy.

I tried opening it once then decided that if it is an Oblivion Gate that I'm not ready to go to Oblivion yet. So, instead of staying there, I went back to the mages guild. I'll explore the house when its daytime. lol

hehe, it's not an oblivion gate, however part of the quest you recieved when you bought the house. i recommend taking a nap in the bed ;)

Ok. I went back to the house the next day and explored it. Didn't find anything. It does creep me out though. I haven't been back since.

But since its not an Oblivion gate then I'll go back and take a nap in it.

I also notice there aren't any shops in Anvil. I have a bunch of high end stuff I want to sell but can't cause theres no place to sell them in. Things like jewelry and stuff that I stole.

Thanks for spoiling it. ;) I was enroute to Imperial City when I decided to finish up the other quests I had in Anvil first.

Back