Forza Horizon 5 (Mexico)

i really recommend you (or anyone else who think racing games can only be about driving around defined circuits as fast as possible to see who can finish first) watch this video, Raycevick lays out pretty much exactly how i also feel about the racing game genre and why it's so stale:

without watching the full video he explains what he's looking for in racing games for about 35 seconds starting at the 12:15 mark...

without watching the full video he explains what he's looking for in racing games for about 35 seconds starting at the 12:15 mark...
are you making some kind of point here? if you don't enjoy the racing game genre in general and don't see how it might be able to grow/advance, i mean... just move on. we get it

are you making some kind of point here? if you don't enjoy the racing game genre in general and don't see how it might be able to grow/advance, i mean... just move on. we get it

that's not what I meant at all...I was just saying that for people that don't want to watch the full 36 minute video he explains what he's looking for in a racing game at the 12:15 mark...relax and learn to not overreact to everything...where did I ever say I don't enjoy racing games or anything of the sort?

that's not what I meant at all...I was just saying that for people that don't want to watch the full 36 minute video he explains what he's looking for in a racing game at the 12:15 mark...relax and learn to not overreact to everything...where did I ever say I don't enjoy racing games or anything of the sort?
i'm not gonna go searching your posts but i seem to recall you saying this, or effectively making that point, but if i'm wrong i apologize.

i'm not gonna go searching your posts but i seem to recall you saying this, or effectively making that point, but if i'm wrong i apologize.

I've never said that...I was only asking how they could drastically change the formula for a racing game...that video you posted did a good job explaining it hence the reason I pointed out the 12:15 timestamp...I don't play a ton of racing games but I do enjoy the DiRT and Forza Horizon series

I've never said that...I was only asking how they could drastically change the formula for a racing game...that video you posted did a good job explaining it hence the reason I pointed out the 12:15 timestamp...I don't play a ton of racing games but I do enjoy the DiRT and Forza Horizon series
ok. in my opinion there's more meat to the video than that 35 second chunk, but to each their own

Is anyone getting bad framerates around the dune area in the new Rally expansion?

Forza Horizon 5 High Performance Update Adds Intel XeSS Support, New Content & PC Performance Improvements

Unlockable Cars
New To Forza

-2019 #70 Porsche Motorsport 935
-2020 Lamborghini Huracàn STO
-2021 Audi RS 6 Avant
-2021 Porsche MissionR

PC
-Improved framerate performance while in the Valle de Foreneos Dunes on Nvidia GPUs
-Improved framerate performance while driving an Audi e-Tron

https://support.forzamotorsport.net...53488367891-FH5-Release-Notes-April-25th-2023

I guess this thread is kind of dead, but I've recently started playing this some. I signed up for Gamepass because it's what a less privileged friend of mine has and it's all they can afford, game wise. Surprisingly, I am having a great time with this game. A couple of days ago, another friend of mine also came over to hang out, and we spent an entire day just taking turns playing it and trying out the cars. The races are a bit arcade-y on solo because of the time rewind, but frankly I prefer it that way. It sort of turns it more into a puzzle game in a way and really makes it more cozy. Definitely an unexpectedly pleasant surprise, I didn't expect anything at all to come of downloading it on a whim.

They still haven't fixed the frame rate issues. It's just not using my GPU and I'll get dips in to the 40's and 50's while racing.

They still haven't fixed the frame rate issues. It's just not using my GPU and I'll get dips in to the 40's and 50's while racing.
I never had any performance issues while I still had my 2080 Ti.

Back