I need to baby sit one of my computers and keep hitting the update button to keep it crunching. I'm not a fan of this project.

Use the automatic update scripts. No reason to baby sit and click the update button.

For windows use the this bat script:
for /l %%x in (1, 1, 10000) do (echo %%x
"c:\Program Files\Boinc\boinccmd.exe" --project https://boinc.multi-pool.info/latinsquares/ update
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 140 > nul)

For linux type this into the terminal:
watch -n 140 boinccmd --project https://boinc.multi-pool.info/latinsquares/ update

That script can pretty much be adjusted for any BOINC project. Just remember that you are effectively hammering their servers doing it and thus adding to the actual overall problem. Yes others are doing it. Yes is sucks for the project. Yes I really dislike this project even outside of the competition for a few reasons. But the concept is there. You are DDoS'ing the crap out of them with the scripts. Now, with that said... don't ask/don't tell policy is in place.

Well, it won't be me hammering them as I realized that script only works if your client is running in terminal. I'm running Ubuntu with a GUI desktop. :facepalm:

Well, it won't be me hammering them as I realized that script only works if your client is running in terminal. I'm running Ubuntu with a GUI desktop. :facepalm:

I sent you a PM. I hope that actually helps. I don't use Linux much.

ChelseaOilman It works for me on my Ubuntu install with GUI. I did do the install using the BOINC package from the repository, using the download installer files straight from Berkeley may make a difference. As a test open the terminal and paste in the following to get a list of you currently added projects:

boinccmd --get_project_status

That should list all the projects you have added to your computer. The entries should match what you see in BOINC Manager. The BOINC Manager's event viewer even shows the update requests that the script posted previously requests.

Edit: Here is the wiki site explaining the commands: https://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Boinccmd_tool

Lucky. High 80s in Southern California. Gonna be rough to keep everything running all summer.

I had the landlord install bars on the windows and a security bar door (kinda like a screen door) for the entrance. This way i can have a wind tunnel like effect and feel safe to leave things like this / windows open etc while i am at work. haven't had to use it yet but i am planning ahead and i keep buying more cards and stuff... would only help so much if its 80-100 outside though. My main objective is to NOT cook my pets while i am away :D

My poor cat has had a few HOT days. Wish I could set my window AC to run only at specific times of day. It has an eco mode, but it still turns on randomly at night and in the evening when it doesn't need to.

Now that I only have 1 GPU, the apartment stays at a manageable temperature with little AC.

SSH should be running and if not then just open a terminal in the GUI and run the command.

I'll try (just got back from travel), but if the problems I'm having creating an account are indicative of server health, I'm guessing this one is a tad overloaded.

I'll try (just got back from travel), but if the problems I'm having creating an account are indicative of server health, I'm guessing this one is a tad overloaded.

sometimes it just takes a few tries , or wait a few and try again later type thing. once you get the project added it might be slow to download WU but it seems to recover and speed up

It does take a couple tries, but it does go through.

I DEFINITELY recommend the update script. It's the only thing keeping my rigs fed w/ WUs.

I've had great luck with Ubuntu 18.04
I'm not running a script, but it is just churning away

Last edited:
I've had great luck with ubuUbu 18.04
I'm not running a script, but it is just churning away

I wonder if there is something different in the Ubuntu BOINC package client code. My Ubuntu installs daily averages are 3 to 4 times higher than my Debian installs for Sztaki. My debian installs request every 180 seconds vs 140, which may make the whole differences, but that doesn't make sense with such a huge point difference.

GPUs me.
CPUs fastgeek

But then again, we can't win it all now. Gotta hand out some freebies here and there.

So... Anyone else having issues with ODLK1 reporting to DC-stats?

I'm kinda concerned my work isn't being reported to the sprint.

Well if the Market is as Nice to me the rest of the year as these last 2 months..
I might have something for you next year:sneaky:

:D All in good fun, of course.

Did you ever get to run boinc on that super computer you mentioned a while back?

:D All in good fun, of course.

Did you ever get to run boinc on that super computer you mentioned a while back?
No but the Admin did..

mattdotvaughn
white.gif
11/07/2013 [09/29/2017]
white.gif
2963:143:15:02:01
white.gif
white.gif

Maybe with the site being so slow to respond and taking multiple requests, when the stats site grab the data, they aren't getting a data file.

Maybe with the site being so slow to respond and taking multiple requests, when the stats site grab the data, they aren't getting a data file.

That's my guess. I'm sure it will properly populate whenever the sprint is over. This one has been trying as it is lol

Well, I didn't have much points yet at that point - so it doesn't matter either way. But they are all up and running on the correct team now (and yes, it was "no team" prior) :D

Back