Formatting hard drive...

bobsaget

Supreme [H]ardness
I don't have WinXP on my computer yet because I am waiting for a my copy of it from newegg. I have an old version of WinXP on my hard drive that won't work (Came from OEM computer). I would like to format the hard drive so it is ready for a clean installation of Windows XP. How do I make a boot disk? After that, what do I do next?

Thank you.

If you don't have the XP CD to run, go to www.bootdisk.com and download the files onto a working computer, run the .exe to create a boot disk on a blank floppy, boot the disk from the floppy in the computer you want to format, when the command prompt "a:\_ " appears, type in "fdisk" and hit ENTER to run the partitioning and formatting utility. Follow the prompts to clean the drive out.

Peace-

You can get a bootdisk from www.bootdisk.com

You can fun Fdisk and then partition your hard drive if you need to.

Other than that, just put in the XP cd. It is bootable and remember to change your boot sequence to cdrom first. Follow the installation instructions and you'll come up with an option to format your partitions. After that, it'll run the Windows installation stuff and just follow it.

Just wait. When you boot from the XP disk the first thing you do it format.

Back