format zip disk

lazi_lad

Gawd
i have a usb2 750mb zip drive.

but when i put in a 250mb zip disk and it was scanning it to autoplay it. although i had mainly word documents on it but i had pressed escape on it. and then opened it via start >> run >> f:\.
(ive always opened it like this, just a preference since it quicker to escape autoplay and launch just the main folder myself)

then it somehow corrupted? and it never got around to veiwing the contents of the folder yet when autoplay was scanning its contents i saw it was coming up with the folder names. when i look at the properties of the zip disk it says it has a minus one marginal error and it needs a long format. so i got to format it, but it only has the quick format optioned enabled so i go to format it but then it says it recommends me a long format so i try to but the long format option is greyed out.

i got backup of the data, now i just want to format it and then i know it will be fine. is there another utlity out there that will low level format my 250mb zip disk. because i know that all it needs is a format and it will work but for someone reason the long format option is greyed out? =/

yup, i have latest drivers for my usb2 750mb zip drive.
yup, i have also tried it in an internal 250mb zip drive, yet it still gives the same problems.

god!!!! so slooooooo i fixed it =p

i tried 2 delete this thread but i anit admin privileges so sum admin delete this thread 4 me so they can take off 2 post counts . LOL>.

Back