Forcing AA/AF in DX8 game?

Yossarian22

[H]ard|Gawd
Just curious, using HD 4770, is there any way to force AA and AF in games that don't have those options in-game? Also, did 4xxx series get MLAA or just the 5xxx series?

I'm looking under Catalyst Control Center but I don't see an option for game profiles...

Just curious, using HD 4770, is there any way to force AA and AF in games that don't have those options in-game? Also, did 4xxx series get MLAA or just the 5xxx series?

I'm looking under Catalyst Control Center but I don't see an option for game profiles...

Catalyst Control Center's profiling isn't the greatest, especially if you're used to Nvidia's per-application settings.

There is a band-aid for this problem, though. Install RadeonPro and use it to handle profiling (it's very similar to nHancer for Nvidia cards).

That's a great application! Thanks!

Even with the newest driver and turning on Morphological Anti-Aliasing on, I don't see it in my games or on Aero. I clearly have Morphological Filtering checked and override game settings in CCC.

Any ideas? :confused:

Well, ain't that a kick in the head?

Using my crystal ball, I foresee a 6850 in my near future... especially if I get this internship over the summer.

Curious, is MLAA just a setting you can smack on or can you control the degree of anti-aliasing like a typical AA algorithm (2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x, etc...). Sometimes MLAA looks blurry in certain games. Hell, I was only interested in using it in Il-2: 1946!

:D

MLAA, as AMD has implemented it, is either on or off.

Would be nice if they gave us some control over its parameters...

Well, ain't that a kick in the head?

Using my crystal ball, I foresee a 6850 in my near future... especially if I get this internship over the summer.

Curious, is MLAA just a setting you can smack on or can you control the degree of anti-aliasing like a typical AA algorithm (2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x, etc...). Sometimes MLAA looks blurry in certain games. Hell, I was only interested in using it in Il-2: 1946!

:D

Personally MLAA isnt really worth it for the hit your system takes but in non-text based games it looks good.

Yeah, I haven't ever found MLAA to be usable.

Slower than MSAA, causes unwanted blurring on some objects, and gives me some seriously bad input lag.

CCC also has per application option. It is at the bottom of the options for the preset.

That doesn't work AT ALL how you would expect. That makes a CCC profile that, when applied, launches a specified executable. I don't know about you, but I don't want to have to go through CCC to start all my games (or replace all of my games shortcuts with special CCC profile shortcuts).

We want CCC monitor what executables are running, automatically apply a profile when an profiled application is started, and then revert the changes when the application is closed. No need for special shortcuts that launch the game through CCC (this is entirely possible and realistic, Nvidia's drivers do it).

Back