Force nvidia control panel to remember the resolution last used?

VulcaN

[H]ard|Gawd
I am using 2x GTX580 in SLI and everytime I want to enable my 3rd display I have to disable the 2nd display and enable the 3rd. Disabling SLI takes even longer (with the screen flickering on and off and whatever else its doing) so this is the fastest way I've found.

So when I enable the 3rd display it defaults to the (native) resolution of 1080i and 29 hertz. The display is a 1080p display and capable of 60hz so I set it to that and go on my way.

Just getting annoying to do this all the time because sometimes I forget and dont realize it till I have already started doing something a bit later.

Cant I make the control panel default to 1080p when I enable the device?

:confused:

1.) wut?
2.) if you have SLI, then you have enough connectors available to enable NV Surround, or just leaving them all connected and enabling/disabling SLI (if you only want single screen gaming). Why aren't you doing this?
3.) Are all of your screens not digitally connected, or not the same resolution and timing?
4.) When you say it defaults to 1080i (native)... you imply that the screen has a native resolution of 1080i, and at 29Hz. If that's the case, then that is what Nvidia will default to. It's reading the EDID information from the monitor. You can hack the .INF or make a custom one if you need to change this behavior
5.) Please answer #2

my two monitors are 1920x1200 which I use for desktop work and use a single one for gaming. I am not using surround.

The 3rd is 1080p which I use for movies, tv shows, and gaming. I usually just disable the second monitor in this instance so that I always have 1 of the 1920x1200 monitors going.

It sounds like I need to hack the .INF to change the "native" resolution. Where can I find this? I searched the windows 7 directory and didnt see it.

Back