Force 1920x1080 on 16:10?

theNoid

Supreme [H]ardness
Setup is 1 BenQ V2400W (16:10), and 2 Dell 22" (16:9). I have all the parts for Eyefinity but the scale is not the same on the monitors. I know the BenQ can do 1:1 mapping but I was curious if its possible to force it to do so, and then be able to get 1920x1080 on the display? If so, I could then group all 3 at that rest and run Eyefinity right?

Is this remotely possible?

Even if a monitor doesn't have a 1:1 mode, you should be able to get 1:1 pixel mapping thru the Forceware drivers. Don't know if ATI has anything similar.

To adjust aspect ratio in AMD drivers you need to first set the desktop resolution lower then native, adjust the scaling, and then set it back. Why this weird quirk (which has existed for years maybe now?) has not been resolved is a mystery.

I set my 24" 16:10 monitor to 1920x1080 and the 1:1 was working correctly. Then I created my eyefinity group and it set the res to 3842x1080 but the 24" res was switched to something else and the scaling is wrong and I cannot fix it.

Any work arounds?

edit. What I mean is that after the eyefinity group is created the res change forces my main 24" 16:10 monitor to stretch and there are no longer black bars. The 16:9 monitors are fine.. I"m trying to find a way to reset the 24" so its back to the right ratio. Whats weird is my BenQ v2400w has the Display Settings (where you set 1:1) greyed out whenever I'm using the DVI input (like now) and I know my monitor supports 1:1 on DVI (shows on HDMI)

Last edited:
***Update.

So I've got 3 monitors all working now in Windows and I can configure Eyefinity. My problem is that 2 of my monitors are 16:9 and 1 is 16:10. My 16:10 monitor supports 1:1 and so I thought I could get this working without it stretching.

When I force my 16:10 monitor to 1920x1080 the 1:1 works.. all 3 monitors are working right. However... once I configured an Eyefinity group that forces a resolution of 5760x1080 and that breaks my 1:1 vertical scaling on my 16:10 monitor. Basically the 16:10 monitor stretches the image while the other 2 are fine.

I understand why this is happening but I'm wondering if anyone here knows of a work around? BenQ V2400W.

Thanks

I don't run eyefinity, but I would try changing the individual driver settings to 1920x1080 then setting up the group. Control Panel -> Display -> Screen Resolution -> Advanced Settings -> 'List All Modes' and the pick the one you want. That should lock out the other possible resolutions and force a default to the one you picked... I have no clue if eyefinity will screw that up.

Just another thought: When you set it to 5760x1080 does a 1080 signal get sent to the monitor that the monitor stretches? If so, can you manually adjust the vertical height rather than letting auto-adjust fit the source to screen size?

Ya no luck with anything. So I'm pretty much dealing with my middle 16:10 monitor stretching the image when in Eyefinity mode now and playing that way lol :/

The only other way i can think of is if you can pick the aspect ratio for your monitor (i.e. set it to 16:9) but i've only seen this on tv's.

Back