For those looking to buy a 9800 Pro.

sweet, I might just end up getting this for my birthday in 2 days. But this should be in the hot deals..

w00t! Just ordered 3 and my card has been succesfully charged. Going to give them away as gifts.:D

IF anyone has this card, and is reading it. How do you like it?

Originally posted by w00bi
IF anyone has this card, and is reading it. How do you like it?

Sapphire is to ATi as VisionTek was to nVidia. They make their reference boards. So its going to be good either way,.

Originally posted by merlin704
Sapphire is to ATi as VisionTek was to nVidia. They make their reference boards. So its going to be good either way,.

Cool, I just ordered one :)

have one of these in my new a64 machine.

ram gets pretty hot along with the heatsink.

Havent really tried to oc it much once i get some ramsinks and maybe a new heatsink/fan for it i will let loose on it

w00t! Just ordered 3 and my card has been succesfully charged. Going to give them away as gifts.:D

I wish i was your friend.

Good deal and I almost bought it, but I've decided that my next video card purchase will be when World of Warcraft ships :rolleyes:

Originally posted by harmonic

I'm giving them to family members as a gift. That price is to hard to pass up.:D

The saphires are pretty much reference but for some reason usually they are better ram ocers and a little less good gpu ocers on average but this is not always true.

Wait so when i get this, I need ram sinks or my ram will go bad???

I dont plan to o/c, i dont like to do that stuff

Wait so when i get this, I need ram sinks or my ram will go bad???

I dont plan to o/c, i dont like to do that stuff

Nah, you don't need RAM sinks unless you plan to overclock. Just enjoy the stock raw horsepower of the 9800 Pro.:D

Nah, you don't need RAM sinks unless you plan to overclock. Just enjoy the stock raw horsepower of the 9800 Pro.:D

I Plan to :)

my geforce 2 mx 400 is finally comming out of my comp after 3 or so years.

I Plan to :)

my geforce 2 mx 400 is finally comming out of my comp after 3 or so years.

You want to sell that GF2MX400? I need a decent video card for my sisters computer. RIght now she has a TNT Vanta 16mb with a P3 550 and 384mb PC100. Let me know.:D

You want to sell that GF2MX400? I need a decent video card for my sisters computer. RIght now she has a TNT Vanta 16mb with a P3 550 and 384mb PC100. Let me know.:D

Sure I pm'd u

Originally posted by Cloud15x
Lets see even if i got the saphire oem 239 buck 9800pro

239x93=22,227 bucks

Anyone want to dotate to my moms credit card bill?
I thought you were starting a lan :)

Ill just ask here while im at it.
Ive read that quite a few people had trouble with the fan dying after a month.
Also that many of the sapphire 9800 pros are doa. (the memory is)

Anyone can verify this or is this just bull poo :p cause im interested to get a sapphire 9800 pro from germany for 266 euros :)

I got my saphire black pcb refurbed from newegg. Just test them a lot when you get them. Mine was fine. A guy at saphire told me some had problems due to a bad early bios.

depends... is it clocked to 5950u speeds?

If so then the 9800Pro is on par with the 5950u. If its a 5900nu then the nu sucks the 9800Pro's left testicle.

I'm curious as well if those cards TSx linked are all the same.
Also, if anyone has been using the aforementioned sapphire cards, what's your review on the card itself? How good is the fan and cooling on it, and how well is it's performance, I haven't heard much about these cards, so I'm curious.

Originally posted by harmonic

lol00000.gif

Back