For sale: HPDAC v0.1b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister X

Supreme [H]ardness
For sale: HPDAC v0.1b
USB Bus powered NOS DAC + Pint class headphone amplifier.

I've got two of these which is one more then I need and as such the extra one is for sale.

Features:
LM6172 op-amps in the amplifier section.
Gain = 4
1x TDA1543 DAC chip (the socket allows for possible stacking of the chip)
Os-con DAC bypass capacitor.
Black Gates Main capacitor.
Black gates Signal coupling capacitors.
All ceramic capacitors are C0G grade.
Blue LED.
Hammond aluminum enclosure.
Kilo knob.

Pictures:

front.jpg

HPIM3246.jpg

(the blue marks on the back are gone now ;) )

HPIM3273.JPG

This little amp drives both Sennheisers and grados to extreme levels while maintaining good synergy with both.

Price = $160 shipped via Priority mail
US buyers only please.
Paypal is the preferred payment method.
You can contact me via Private messages or Email.

Heatware----> http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=21360

Hey, not to thread crap or anything...but What exactly does this do? I certainly can't afford it, but maybe someone else might be interested if they knew what it did.

In layman's terms:
It is a battery-less USB audio device that can drive audiophile level headphones to extreme levels.
Sounds damn good doing it to. :)

From the designers page:

Background:

The problem, for me, with the available portable amps is that they aren't really that portable. They all need batteries, and, even worse, they all need sources which also need batteries as well as cables to connect them. I wanted something that I could take to a coffee shop (or the sofa) connect to my computer, and listen without a pile of boxes and wires next to me. That is, I wanted a usb dac with a built in headphone amp that was all powered via USB, and I wanted it to sound good. As there seemed to be nothing of the sort available, I made it myself.

The HPDAC is a non-oversampled (NOS) USB digital to analog converter (DAC) with a built-in headphone amp. The DAC is based on earlier work of mine, though it turns out to be a very similar circuit to several other NOS USB DAC's. The amplifier section is essentially the same circuit as the Mini3'ified version of the now discontinued Pint. The entire system is powered via the USB supply, so there are no batteries or power cords necessary. The project is also very small and will fit comfortably into the smallest Hammond extruded case.

Free Bump for a cool little amp. I would love to take it off your hands but I cant even get close to affording it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back