Font

Thats not a photoshop job. And it doesn't look like a specific font to make that logo. They either made the logo from nothing in a vector based program like illustrator, or the brought a exsisting font into illustrator and pulled and added points to get the effect. Its actually pretty easy to do, if you have a vector program like illustrator.

type the font you want in illustrator, then go to Type/Create Outlines. This will convert your font into modifiable vectors. from there you just have to drag the points around, and maybe use the point converter tool to convert straight edges to curves, until you get the type of font you want.

He He He ... 2D Vectors will haunt your nightmares ... just like I told you! :D

Ettubrute said:
type the font you want in illustrator, then go to Type/Create Outlines. This will convert your font into modifiable vectors. from there you just have to drag the points around, and maybe use the point converter tool to convert straight edges to curves, until you get the type of font you want.

thats how I would have done it

Can just as easily be done in photoshop. Assuming you have a version with vector capabilities. Convert text to shape, and it's pretty much the same process as outlined above. Pulling and adding points. And even though Photoshop doesn't deal with "true" vectors like Illustrator, they are still resizeable with no loss of quality, until you manually rasterize them.

se7en1ne said:
Can just as easily be done in photoshop. Assuming you have a version with vector capabilities. Convert text to shape, and it's pretty much the same process as outlined above. Pulling and adding points. And even though Photoshop doesn't deal with "true" vectors like Illustrator, they are still resizeable with no loss of quality, until you manually rasterize them.

As opposed to "fake" ones? Huh?

daddybigwords said:
As opposed to "fake" ones? Huh?

Most people refer to Illustrator vectors as being true vectors. There are differences between PS vectors and Illustrator vectors. You have more control over vectors in Illustrator. Technically I guess they're both vectors, but whatever. I was just pointing out that there was a difference is all. For the work he's trying to do here, I can't see it making the least amount of difference.

Back