flash evga 6800gt-ultra, please assist

joobjoob

Gawd
ok i watercool my gt is stable 430/1150 sometimes higher depends on driver.

id like to update my gt bios to ultra bios to get that extra voltage boost from 1.3-1.4,

-i need evga ultra bios
-a simple brief walkthrough

im more then literate on computer stuff on this level . however i have not flashed a vga bios since my voodoo 5

Check this thread out it is pretty good as has links to all the tools you should need,

Linky

edit: I know it says BFG 6800GT but there is links to bioses for the other cards too.

joobjoob said:
id like to update my gt bios to ultra bios to get that extra voltage boost from 1.3-1.4,

So does the bios flash apply a higher voltage to the GPU? Strange b/c with 9800pro to 9800XT bios flashes, the voltage didn't change. You had to do a voltage mod to the card to get that.

Other than default Ultra clock speeds, why would you flash the bios? :confused:

UltimateMan said:
So does the bios flash apply a higher voltage to the GPU? Strange b/c with 9800pro to 9800XT bios flashes, the voltage didn't change. You had to do a voltage mod to the card to get that.

Other than default Ultra clock speeds, why would you flash the bios? :confused:

I am curious too, why not just up the clocks and hit Ultra speeds rather easily and not ever mess with the bios?

there have been many long threads which show with the ultra bios the voltage to gpu goes up from 1.3-1.4,

i live in alaska and so bandwith is limited and pricey but i sure would appreciate if youd email me that bios ;)

1.5 is pretty sweet and since im watercooling its low risk.

do you have other parts of the bios tweaked as well like ram latency ? i have noticed that ultra bios has slightly looser timings. just like the 9800pro-9800xt did

so flash the bios, voltage increase from 1.3 to 1.4. That therby increases thermal output, but also increases overclockability? So flashing to the 6800U would give me perhaps slightly higher OCing headroom? If i flash back to my current bios, will the voltage decrease back down to 1.3? Thanks for your info.

and heyheyhey, about that 1.5v bios, what kind of additional cooling are u using?

UltimateMan said:
so flash the bios, voltage increase from 1.3 to 1.4. That therby increases thermal output, but also increases overclockability? So flashing to the 6800U would give me perhaps slightly higher OCing headroom? If i flash back to my current bios, will the voltage decrease back down to 1.3? Thanks for your info.

and heyheyhey, about that 1.5v bios, what kind of additional cooling are u using?

yep,

however on some companies 6800u bios it seems their ram latency is looser then their gt.

so obviously you may notice a slight slow down if you keep speeds at the exact same.

i dont have a floppy drive and really dont want one.

does anyone know how i can do this using a usb jump drive?

Back