When you get bored of CircleTD, try out DesktopTD

http://www.candystand.com/play.do?id=17995

(From the author of Flash Element TD)

So fun!

Easy
ez2.jpg

Hard
hrd2.jpg

wow that gets very impossible. mob health keeps going up, but they are worth the same amount, so its just fighting the losing battle.

oh, on normal i had 1500 something my first try, but i didnt read the directions and therefore i didnt know you could sell or upgrade towers, so lets try again.

1525 first try on easy.
Was a lot of fun, also learned a lot about what towers upgrade to and such.
Next time it will be even more fun since I will know what to do. :cool:

Ok I focus splash in clusters but is it better to have number of towers of just have a few and upgrade them all the time?

Ok I focus splash in clusters but is it better to have number of towers of just have a few and upgrade them all the time?

Game is very addictive to me... remeinds me a lot of when I played StarCraft and played Turrent defence... Highest score I've got is 2200... gonna go for higher :D

I do the best with just a few splash towers and then some slow towers to get the creeps to bunch up as they approach the slow towers.

I think my max is still ~2400ish.

There's a new update (already completed!) that will be posted any time! It will add interest among other things :)

Interest makes it really easy. I'm at level 238, have every square filled w/ fully upgraded towers, and have 20 million in the bank.

Dont have a screenshot, but if you're judicious with your money, you can really let the interest work for you. I ended up letting it run all night and finally died at level 402 or something, with a score of 23,000+ and tens of billions in the bank.

A few key tips:

1) In the beginning, build more towers rather than upgrading. The cost/damage ratio for an upgrade is higher than for new towers.

2) Build just air + laser towers. They are the best cost/damage ratio you can buy.

3) Forget water towers. There is no need, since the creeps just run around till they die anyway. Plus, slowing them down is bad because you want them all spread out so all your towers are firing.

4) You just need to keep the number of creeps at less than 100 (for normal) or 80 (for hard.) Use that to your advantage. You dont need to kill every wave before the next one comes. This is especially true for air creeps. You can let those run around for a while. Try to build just enough towers per round to keep the creep level low. Once you get to 100k in the bank, you can go nutz with the construction since you start getting 5,000/round in the bank.

you guys know you can UPGRADE the towers right?

You just click on them and click upgrade.

I've gotten towers to level 6 so far. I have no idea how far you can upgrade them.

Each upgrade just makes the tower that much stronger.

You can upgrade a tower to level 9, but there is no point until you have tons of money.

LOL! I don't think I've seen anything bring my c2d to it's knees like that before...

Like bw31, I left it running all night and on into the next day. Hit lvl 417 before it crapped out. Be careful with your money and after a few dozen levels, money doesn't matter anymore.

I have noticed an annoying Opera/Linux bug... If I switch tabs, the applet goes away. I had a couple of good runs that I lost becuase I got impatient and wanted to browse the web.

You can upgrade a tower to level 9, but there is no point until you have tons of money.

I upgrade a splash tower to lvl 9 before building a second splash tower.

One lvl 9 splash tower + 1 slowing tower = awesomeness :)

(the higher the level, the larger the "splash" radius - At lvl 9, each shot can potentially hit 15+ creeps!)

dont suppose there is a mass upgrade option? i had a complete tower setup like that but i really didnt feel like upgrading everything manually.
you have to do it one at a time, kinda sucks and takes forever, but once you hit about 100,000 money doesn't matter so you can just upgrade like crazy.

Yep. Mine was fairly close to that screenshot above. After you get to a certain point you can't spend money fast enough to compensate for your interest. When you're bringing in 200,000 a level ... well ... how do you spend it fast enough? Right now its running at level 214 with 3.9 million. Have nowhere else to put towers so its rather broken as a challenge.

Basically, once you figure out how to get past a certain point the game ceases to actually be anything but a joke to see how high a score you have the patience to see.

Shouldn't have changed the game from the previous incarnation.

Ended up at level 400+ with 42 million before it finally got too much to cope with. Then again, the laptop was closed and in a bag in the car when it finally reached that point. Might have been able to tweak another level or two out of it by reconfiguring towers but hardly worth it. Unless someone can figure out a different way, I suspect you'll always hit a point where there's no way to put more towers on the map that will kill enough bad guys at obscenely high levels.

I got up to 5700 and lvl 101 with an all fast tower setup and the airs. Ill have to try the lvl 9 splash tower setup. I dont understand how you earn so much money. At lvl 101 I was always flat broke after each rnd upgrading towers and airs.

Ahh man they changed the game, clicking doesnt work anymore :(

this game isnt nearly hard enough......sitting right now at lvl180 with almost $3.5mil. doesnt really take much strategy to stay alive. and i'm sure it'll get to a point where you are just overwhelmed by a group of HARD creeps, and just dont recover.

Well just got my highest. I basically had to walk away and let it play after awhile (I got bored). I could have built more cannons behind the towers on the bottoms etc, but I had things to do. Addicting game though.

fctdhighai1.jpg

I just died on level 402! I played it three times. I got level 25 the first time, 370ish the second and 402 the last time. It is easy once you get it down. I dont think I will be playing anymore. Lots of hours setting everything up. Thanks for the link!

I just died on level 402! I played it three times. I got level 25 the first time, 370ish the second and 402 the last time. It is easy once you get it down. I dont think I will be playing anymore. Lots of hours setting everything up. Thanks for the link!

what was your strategy to get that high?

Spend as little money as possibly at the start and dont upgrade anything untill you fill the board with towers. I only used damage towers and the air towers. It was quite easy really.

On a side note, I dont think level 500 is possible because I had all level 9 towers and the creaps just got to hard for the towers to keep up.

I have it going now on level 335 with $45+million and 19000+ points. The board is filled with towers and they are all level 9. Lets see how far this will go.

Back