First RMA

Lyrids

Limp Gawd
Tomorrow I'm sending my MSI K8N Neo Platinum back to MSI in California after having it for two years. I've never RMA'd anything before so does anyone have any pointers or words of wisdom? Also how long should I expect to wait between shipping it off and getting it back?

well, i don't know MSI's policies, but it's generally a good tip to write the RMA # on at least 2-3 sides of the box you're shipping it back in....

That's what I do for my newegg RMAs at least.

As for a timeframe, It depends on the situation... GL! :)

I RMA'd a a board through Giga-byte on 6/7 and am still waiting for its return. Such a hassel, only wish I could have bought a replacement.

dont put anything in the box except the motherboard, because you will not get anything back except a motherboard. note your serial number (so you can compare it to your "new" board's serial number). ship it usps priority mail. usually faster, and always cheaper than fedex/ups. include a copy of your invoice/receipt in the box, along with copies of any email etc, that you have from msi. and a copy of your rma request/response.
like the other guy said, put rma # on at least 2 or 3 sides of the box. your rma could take anywhere from 6 or 7 days (like evga or ocz) or up to 6 weeks and more(dfi and leadtek). good luck.

Back