First boot, Nothing but mobo lights. Help please.

upallhours

Limp Gawd
This is my first computer build. So i was assembling my new computer just now (specs to follow), got everything in, checked and double checked everything was properly plugged in. Plugged my monitor and psu into the outlet, then turned the psu on.

The lights on the motherboard lit up, and i hit the power button. All the fans started spinning, and water pump started, then everything stopped for about 3 seconds, and again everything came on. In the manual it said that it will do a sorta self assessment, and beep if there are problems, and if after 30 seconds nothing happens, there is a problem.

Well i waited 30 seconds, no beep , and nothing on the monitor. I let it sit for 2 minutes and still nothing. I read on another forum to check each ram stick one by one, i did that and same thing. What are likely problems?

Asus Maximus IV 1155
Intel i5 2500k w/ corsair H70 cooler
G.Skill Sniper 1333 mhz 2x4gb ram
XFX HD 6950 2gb
OCZ Vertex 3 120gb Max iops
2x WD 1TB Caviar blacks
Asus 24x dvd burner.

If there are any questions please just ask, ill pretty much just be sitting here waiting on replies. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hit up the stickied "Basic Troubleshooting Guide" on what to do when the PC does not POST. Report back after you've done all those steps in post #3 of that sticky.

Back