fireworks photos

Here are some shots from Boston:

182444089_d490237bcb_o.jpg

182444090_1318e4c3d2_o.jpg

182444093_f2e267cee1_o.jpg

182444094_24611d1487_o.jpg

182444096_9f9088021d_o.jpg

Couple quick technical notes...

Rawshooter apparently thinks that the blue, purple and red fireworks trails are chromatic abberations and automatically tries to remove them. As a result, they end up looking very desaturated and all the purple fireworks looked white. I had to use ACR to convert them in order to preserve the colors. It seems like I get a lot more shadow noise using ACR.

Also, I resized and saved these for the web as quality 10 jpgs. I heard from someone that it was just as good as quality 12 and the human eye couldn't tell the difference, but I can definitely see posterization in the sky that wasn't there before when I was working with the higher quality files.

Very nice guys!

daphatgrant if you tripod mount your camera, your lines would not be wiggly

I missed the fireworks this year myself - was in the bush.

those pics are all pretty good :)

yes...tripod, and a remote shutter release = great...DSLR with mirror lockup, and bulb mode...greatest!

I saw the fireworks...but see my other thread in here ("tank" my ass)
to see why I didn't photograph them....

Very cool guys. I always wondered how long you would use an exposure for to get a night picture. Fugu's pictures rage from 4-6 seconds.

I took pics on the 4th with a XT, but mysteriously my 2gb CF disapeared out of my camera before the night was over. I dont get it because It was at my friends parents house, and I left my camera in his parents room behind a shut door. (Why only steel the memory???)

I was really pissed becasue I had an amaizing pic of my kid at daycare on that same card.

I(illa Bee said:
I took pics on the 4th with a XT, but mysteriously my 2gb CF disapeared out of my camera before the night was over. I dont get it because It was at my friends parents house, and I left my camera in his parents room behind a shut door. (Why only steel the memory???)

I was really pissed becasue I had an amaizing pic of my kid at daycare on that same card.
gremlins...

Back