Firefox 4 Multitouch

Terillius

Gawd
Anyone know why multitouch zoom is not working in Firefox 4? Working fine in IE9. Using Win7 64 on a tablet.

I just tested this out on my tm2t and... yeah, I've got the same problem. No zooming of text or pictures, and Google maps won't zoom in or out with the two finger pinch. However, FF4 seems to recognize the pinching gesture on the trackpad, so I dunno if there's some weird compatibility problem between that and the Wacom touch screen or what.

I found a few articles suggesting multitouch was added to FF4 (ha, final fantasy...) so it must be a driver/ win7 thing.

I think that you have to enabled it through the config: http://support.mozilla.com/oc/questions/796257

that == true

Some gestures have been removed in Firefox 4.

You can restore the zoom feature by changing the values of the related prefs on the about:config page.

browser.gesture.pinch.in -> cmd_fullZoomReduce
browser.gesture.pinch.in.shift -> cmd_fullZoomReset
browser.gesture.pinch.out -> cmd_fullZoomEnlarge
browser.gesture.pinch.out.shift -> cmd_fullZoomReset
browser.gesture.pinch.latched -> false

To open the about:config page, type about:config in the location (address) bar and press the "Enter" key, just like you type the url of a website to open a website.
If you see a warning then you can confirm that you want to access that page.

Well, that fixed the text and pictures zooming issue.

Still can't pinch to zoom in Google maps, though it's not much of a big deal.

My pinch out gesture stopped working today. Looks like a choice between FF with Adblock Plus and IE9 with gesture support.

Well, that fixed the text and pictures zooming issue.

Still can't pinch to zoom in Google maps, though it's not much of a big deal.

Odd, that works touch works with Google Maps in IE 8 and 9. FF and Chrome have some work to do in Windows touch support, I imagine that Windows 8 will bring it.

I have mostly been using Opera Mobile for Win 7 on my tablet/netbook (Dell Duo). Opera Mobile has nice multitouch support, and the whole menu is more geared for tablet use.

I will have to try Netscape 4 now on it since that is mainly what I use on all of my other computers.

Back