Finalizing decision on new case for Skylake build: one important question remains

RareAir23

Limp Gawd
Hi all. So later this week I will be looking to order my new case for my Skylake build from Amazon or Newegg. My 2 finalists are the aforementioned (from past forum posts on this forum) Corsair Vengeance C70 (Gunmetal Black) or the Fractal Design Define S. I've read many reviews on the Vengeance C70 and will be researching the Define S throughout the week. One question remains for both cases' which reviews for both have side-stepped so far. Here's the scenario behind the question:

You're building your rig. Backplate is in, motherboard is in, CPU is on mobo, memory is installed, drives are in place and many of them are plugged into both the mobo and back of drive. You go to install your video card (and other expansion cards). You plug it in and find... the screw holes aren't flush with the screw holes on the back of the case and aren't lining up properly at all!

Before I ask the question pertaining to the scenario permit me to do a little "Stone Cold" Steve Austin right here: if you've had that problem described above with a case you worked with and it annoyed the wazoo out of you...gimme a hell yeah! Now the question: Do either the Vengeance C70 or Define S (or both) have the issue described in the scenario above? Write back and thanks in advance for your answers and advice. Out!

Back